Writing task 2 - cam 17- test 2 - please help me check my easay!

It seems that today, electronic devices like smartphones have accompanied children in daily lives as they frequently wake up with smartphones, eat together smartphones, and study with smartphones. The main reason for this is not only their useful functions but also their high entertainment. In spite of that, I believe it can be a negative development because they causes distraction from studying, and negatively effects on children’s physical health.
Recently, smartphones have been innovated with the variety of applications that serves many different purposes from work, study, to entertainment. Unlike old phones used only for making calls, today we can store and share document in the cloud, play games and install educational apps to learn wherever we want. Especially, the recent period of Covid-19 can be considered as a period of strong digital transformation in education. At that time, my children stayed at home, studied online, and did their teacher’s assignments. After studying hard, they had played some funny games to relax. That is the reason why my children love the smartphones so much that I had to buy a new one for them.
This development should be controlled because many parents realise that their children’s learning outcomes and health situation become worse due to using smartphones all day. I must have to say that games, online comics, or social media are so addictive that children forget their learning duties, even quit their meals to play games when their parents are absent. For example, my nephew are used to truant to play games and lazy to do exercises because of his disordered biological clock and unhealthy diet. A month later, he fell ill and his parent threatened to confiscate his smartphone if he kept using it uncontrollably like that.
In conclusion, smartphones support education well and bring more benefits to people, so everyone must have one. However, allowing children to use it should be limited and stringently controlled to avoid adversely affecting children’s learning and health.

2 Likes

Smartphones have become part of children’s everyday lives, as they often wake up with smartphones, eat with smartphones and study with smartphones. The main reason for this is not only their useful functions, but also their high entertainment value. However, I think it can be a negative development because it distracts from learning and has a negative impact on children’s physical health.

with the variety of applications that serves many different purposes from work, study, to entertainment. Unlike old phones used only for making calls, today we can store and share document in the cloud, play games and install educational apps to learn wherever we want. Especially, the recent period of Covid-19 can be considered as a period of strong digital transformation in education. At that time, my children stayed at home, studied online, and did their teacher’s assignments. After studying hard, they had played some funny games to relax.

That is why my children love the smartphones so much that I had to buy a new one for them.
This is a development that needs to be controlled, because many parents are aware that their children’s learning and health are deteriorating as a result of using smartphones all day. I have to say that games, online comics or social media are so addictive that children forget their homework and even skip meals to play games when their parents are away. My nephew, for example, was used to skipping school to play games and was lazy about exercising because of his disturbed biological clock and unhealthy diet. A month later, he fell ill and his parents threatened to confiscate his smartphone if he continued to use it uncontrollably.
In conclusion, smartphones are good for education and bring more benefits to people, so everyone must have one. However, allowing children to use them should be limited and strictly controlled to avoid harming their learning and health.

1 Like

Actualy great job! The conclusion is concise and summarizes your main points effectively. However, you can also briefly restate your stance on the matter.

1 Like