Writing task 1 introduction

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well. I am very new girl in this forum. I want to get you know and take a feedback for my ielts preparetions. This is my first try. I am waiting for your kind comment.

“The chart below shows the amount of money per week spent on fast foods in Britain. The graph shows the trends in consumption of fast foods.”

The bar chart and line graph illustrate the expenditure of people with different income levels three fast food products (hamburger, fish and chips and pizza) between 1970 and 1990.

4 Likes

Hi Megturkey. Welcome to our forum. I think your introduction is really well paraphrased but I wonder @Torsten 's thoughts.

3 Likes

Please note that the noun feedback is uncountable here, the acronym IELTS is capitalized and that you misspelled the noun ‘preparations’.

2 Likes

What about the introduction?

1 Like

I would rewrite this sentences as follows:
The bar chart and line graph illustrate the amount of money people with different income levels spent on three different fast food products (hamburger, fish and chips and pizza between) between 1970 and 1990.

Also, in the first part of the text I would use the singular form ‘fast food’ instead of ‘fast foods’. Apart from that I think it sounds pretty good.

Thank you Memo and Trosten.

1 Like

You are welcome, Meg. What are your plans for this month?