Writing: Independent Essay

This is my independent essay practice, I’ve been writing about different topics lately in order to improve my skills but It would be beneficial to me if anyone can read it and give me feedback! I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Movies and television strongly influence the way people behave. Do you agree or disagree?

In my opinion, I do believe that people may react accordingly as what they have been watching in their favorite tv shows. In general, many people see actors as a role models therefore will act like them. I will expand this idea in the following script.

First, Telemedia has a strong influence in peoples’ mind. We can put the example of fashion, whenever the most famous singer shows up with a huge yellow jacket the next color to see covering the streets and stores is this. Therefore, various clothing brands take advantage of this boom and release several items in this exact same color or even copies of the artist’s jacket.

Second, if we dive into a time machine going back every 10 years, we would noticed how body types are affected by what the films were releasing to the public, what type of bodies were mostly filling the media. As we can remember, in 1970s thicker women were the hype and everything started with the models of that generation. Now, if we dive in 2000s, we can see thinner body types because publicity started throwing the image of tall, thin women that can fit in every single clothing type. Body condition had made a great impact in the public through out the years.

Third, receptors can capture the false essence of their role model and copy everything they are up to, but, unfortunately, most of the cases they are just selling a product. Because these famous people can move a whole wave of minds, products and brands contracts them to wear their new tennis shoes, drink the new cherry flavored coke, or even show their vacations on this luxurious hotel, for instance; as a result and supporting the idea that television influences on people, the specific brand/product will show an increase or will become more popular.

Finally, movies, television, and tele media in general have a huge influence on their spectators.

2 Likes

Please note that the word ‘feedback’ is uncountable.

2 Likes