[writing]discover a new home

In the future, it seems more difficult to live on Earth. Some people think more money should be spent on researching other planets to live, such as Mars. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

My essay: It is true that it is a challenging task to live on Earth. Some people believe that more financial resources should be allocated to universe studies in order to discover a new habitable environment for humans. I totally agree with the view.

There are two underlying reasons why living conditions on the Earth are increasingly harsh. The first reason is that the world is facing a population explosion which leads to residential and transportation problems. For example, in densely populated cities like Hanoi, it is a common picture of people struggling to find an apartment or go to work in rush hours. In addition, environmental pollution is an inevitable result of over-exploitation of natural resources and industrial overproduction to meet the demand of the increasing population. As a result, by living in a polluted environment, the likelihood of people suffering from fatal diseases like cancer is high.

On the other hand, it is an urgent task for the human race to look for livable planets with similar living conditions like Earth due to two main reasons. Firstly, the depletion of natural resources has posed a threat to citizens’ daily lives. In other words, without natural materials such as fossil fuel and water reservoir, production and transportation will be put on the verge of crises in the long term. Moreover, to provide enough land and accommodation for an increasingly dramatic population all over the world, investing money in researches on the space to discover a new home for the human race is an effective and feasible solution which the governments and local authorities should consider. As a result, if scientists can seize valuable opportunities to find out a new place for humans, people all over the world can enjoy better lives with more spaces and more natural resources.

In conclusion, I strongly agree that it is hard to live on Earth due to the lack of accommodation, traffic jam and adverse effects on health. Besides, I am adamant that financial investments on discovering other planets as a new home replacing the Earth are reasonable.

3 Likes