Writing by hand with a pencil or pen is a waste of time. Children should only be taught to type on a keyboard. Ageee or Disagree type of essay

It is critically important to note that various kind of techniques are used to learn and get education. Today people are generally using more keyboard typing instead of pencil or pen. Both have their own pros and cons. If I were asked to choose which method to choose specifically for children then I would definitaly say that writing with pencil or pen is way more advantagenous compared to just learning a keyboard typing. As I think pencil helps to improve dexterity, flexibility in hands and at the same time we can restore information in brain for longer period of time. I will explore more further in an essay.

To begin with, I must say that If child get used to with pen and pencil from his early age then it will be helpful for him to show great level of movement in hands in terms of dexterity and flexibility. These kind of artistic value help children to get more interest in art and can do much more in art as an extracurricular activity. At the same time, by making sketch or any painting give an opportunity to children to express himself in a better way. My own personal experience is a compelling example of this, I precisely remember that till my high school, I never touched the computer but rather my parents exposed me with variety of colorful pencils and pens. Consequently, I was getting more interested to play with wide variety of colorful pencils and started making paintings and sketches. It improved my dexterity a lot that after high school when I got admitted to dental school to be a dentist, I can perform various practical just with ease. So based on my own personal experience I think, learning through pen and pencil paid off me in a very well manner.

Moreover, the writing with pencil has its advantage as by doing so helps to restore the information in a brain for longer period of time. In contrast with the use of keyboard one can not memorize the information. According to the one survey, among the high students, whomever used writing as an first choice shows better memorizing power compared to other who used keyboards. Based on data researcher concluded that writing shows connection with brain activity. Although, more research is ongoing to know exactly how writing improve memorization skill. So, after reading many articles of this topic, I believe that writing helps to restore the information for longer period of time.

To conclude, I must say that writing with pen and pencil rather than using keyboard helps to improve dexterity, flexibility and improvement in memory power in children.

2 Likes

Please compare this amended version against yours:

It is crucial to note that different types of techniques are used to learn and receive education. Nowadays, people generally use keyboard more instead of pencil or pen. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages. If I were asked which method to choose specifically for children, I would definitely say that writing with pencil or pen is far more beneficial than learning to write on the keyboard. I think that pencil improves dexterity and flexibility of hands and at the same time we can store the information in the brain for a longer period of time. I will explore this in more detail in an essay.

To begin with, I must say that if a child is used to using a pen and pencil from a young age, it will help them show a great deal of movement in their hands in terms of dexterity and flexibility. This kind of artistic value helps children get more interested in art and can do much more in art as an extracurricular activity. At the same time, making a sketch or painting gives children the opportunity to better express themselves. My own experience is a compelling example of this. I distinctly remember never touching a computer until high school, but my parents introduced me to a variety of colorful pencils and pens. As a result, I became more and more interested in playing with a variety of colored pencils and started making pictures and sketches. This improved my dexterity so much that after high school, when I was admitted to dental school, I was able to do various hands-on jobs with ease. So based on my personal experience, I think learning with pen and pencil paid off very well for me.

Also, writing with pencil has the advantage that it allows you to store the information in your brain for a longer time. In contrast, when you use the keyboard, you can’t memorize the information. According to a survey, it shows that among the students who used writing as their first choice, they had better memory performance compared to those who used the keyboard. From the data, the researchers concluded that writing is related to brain activity. However, more research is being done to know exactly how writing improves memory. So, after reading many articles on this topic, I believe that writing helps to remember the information for a longer period of time.

In conclusion, I must say that writing with pen and pencil instead of keyboard helps to improve dexterity, flexibility and memory improvement in children.

2 Likes

I’m afraid I have to disagree with the idea and data, the research behind this conclusion. :slight_smile:
I also read many articles that showed that writing on pen or keyboard doesn’t correlate with your ability to memorize and restore information for a longer time. It happens not because of your handwriting but because of your mental action (writing, speaking, communicating). So from this perspective, it’s better to use the keyboard because of typing benefits; speed, storing availability, search function.

2 Likes

Thanks for editing, Torsten. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Dear spambot. Spam is a subtle form of violence so please stop spamming.