Would it be possible for you to check my writing

Hi! I am new to this forum and I would highly appreciate if you could spend some time to check my TOEFL writing.

Topic: Knowing about the past cannot help people to make important decisions today.

While many Einstein’s followers cherish the genius’s quote “learn from the past, live for today and hope for tomorrow”, others argue that the past has nothing to do with the present. I disagree with the latter since mankind has always considered the past as their foundation and since old mistakes prevent us from committing such grave errors again.

Apparently, the past is the foundation of not only the present but also the future. The past, the present and the future has an interdependent relationship that each element could not be alone at any time. Like a tree with the root, the trunk and the flowers, a human’s life is composed of the past, the present, the future. It holds true to mankind as well. The evolutionary history is indicative of how human being develops from the past to the present. Experiences are passed on generations to generations, thereby enhancing spiritual and material lives. Just as a farmer teaches his son what he learned from his father, the past builds the present and develops the future.
Besides, once the awareness of mistakes of the ancestor is increased, inheritors know how to make avoidance of tragic errors possible. Experiences of pioneers always prove valuable. Take the atomic bombs used by America on Japan during World War II as an example. With the purpose in retaliation of the Pearl Harbor’s failure, the attack turned out to be a disaster that the whole mankind would never forget. The number of casualties, material loss and damage is countless and its impact still can be seen increasing day by day. The atomic bombing in Hiroshima and Nagasaki raises an alarm for those who want to resolve conflicts by wars and to use nuclear weaponry. If the international community had not learned from the said irremediable of the American navy, there would be more A-bomb to be used in Iraq or in South Korean in this twenty first century.

Opponents, on the other hand, hold that it is impossible to apply the past experience to the current situation. Since the world develops and changes every second, life becomes more complex with new concepts of values. However, the core point is that human are born with the same dignity in nature. Any development aims at making life even better. For that human existence has evolved to adapt to the environment, our seniors have developed invention and innovation to make a better world for all from the old days to the current. It is adaptation rather than removal that helps the formation of the society. The consideration of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki tragedy, again, oblige any force to think twice before making any decision on using atomic weapons.

As Martin Luther King, Jr once said “we are not makers of history. We are made by history,” knowing about the past is one way for us to show respect to our predecessors and show support to our descendants. What could be learned from the olds day might not be the key to today’s decision but a vital element for the next day’s existence.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a university student and a professor in the professor’s office