Worry and Fear

FEAR

Fear is a stimulated emotional response in face of perceived threat. An individual when faced with a tricky situation often show signs of fearfulness, few people pretend to hide it, while few are brave enough to face it. I personally think best way to come over your fear is to face it.

Writing has been my hobby for past few years. It just somehow comes naturally; I guess I can express my self better with words. I have been writing for youth magazines since past four years. I never pick a topic, in fact I like observing my surroundings and then words just flow by.

Last weekend I gave my Toefl exam. When I left the test center I felt my energy was completely drained out probably because I was unable to sleep properly night before Toefl exam. I nearly banged my head into the exit door on my way out. I was feeling very light headed. From next day onwards, I wanted to write on topics over here, but I could not do so. I took two or three days off. Strangely enough until now I dreaded to write. Honestly I fear what I might score in my Toefl exam.

I am sort of person who mostly tries to look things over and walk away from stressful situations. But at the end of the day, to over come it, I have learned from my personal experience, I have to face it.

When a person faces a fearful situation and eventually solves it, he or she feels more in control of life. These small situations make him or her more confident to face the future.

I clearly don’t know what will happen after next six days. All I know at the moment is that fearing the worst won’t help me and worrying about future won’t help either. After all “Worry is like a rocking horse, it keeps you going, but gets you no where.”

TOEFL listening lectures: What aspect of Ben Franklin’s life does the speaker mainly discuss?

FEAR

Fear is a stimulated emotional response in face of perceived threat. An individual when faced with a tricky situation often show signs of fearfulness, few people pretend to hide it, while few are brave enough to face it. I personally think best way to come over OVERCOME your fear is to face it.

Writing has been my hobby for THE past few years. It just somehow comes naturally; I guess I can express (myself) better with WRITTEN words. I have been writing for youth magazines since FOR THE past four years. I never pick a topic, in fact I like observing my surroundings and then LETTING THE words just flow by.

Last weekend I gave my Toefl exam. When I left the test center I felt my energy was completely drained out,) probably because I was unable to sleep properly THE night before THE Toefl exam. I nearly banged my head into the exit door on my way out. I was feeling very light-headed. From THE next day onwards, I wanted to write on topics over here, but I could not do so. I took two or three days off. Strangely enough until now I HAVE dreaded to EVEN THE THOUGHT OF writING. Honestly(,) I fear what I might score in my Toefl exam.

I am THE sort of person who mostly tries to look things over and walk away from stressful situations. But at the end of the day, to (overcome) it, I have learned from my personal experience, I have to face it.

When a person faces a fearful situation and eventually solves it, he or she feels more in control of THEIR life. These small situations make him or her more confident to face the future.

I clearly DO NOT know what will happen UNTIL after THE next six days. All I know at the moment is that fearing the worst WILL NOT help me(,) and worrying about THE future WILL NOT help either. After all “Worry is like a rocking horse, it keeps ON going, but gets you (nowhere.”)
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good morning Katty. I find it strange that as a writer you had problems with this exam.
Having read many such stories about this exam I have fashioned in my mind a place of utter confusion and disorganisation. Too many students in too small a place. Far too much noise when they are trying to listen and concentrate. For an event that is so very important to each and every student, it sounds an absolute disgrace to me.

I liked this Katty. You described your feelings and emotions with good examples.
You appear to have a slight problem with “the” though. Needs working on.

Kitos. 8/10