Working in group or working alone?

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is more important to be able to work with a group of people than to work independently.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

When we were young, our teachers usually asked us to do the homework independently but things have changed as we grown up. Since we have to work together with our colleagues, working in groups plays a more important role in our lives.

Firstly, working as a team is one of the basic soft skills required by most of companies. Regardless of your major, you will need to communicate with other people like your colleagues and your customers. That is the reason why some companies usually create team-building parties and kick-off meetings in order to improve the relationships between their employees.

Secondly, a team would help you save time and resources. As each team member would have a different perspective, it would help you have the complete picture of your problem. Although some people think many people would lead to argument, I think this means you would be able to understand the problem clearer. Moreover, there are a lot of things you couldn’t find in any book but your seniors.

And last but not least, nobody can work alone. No matter who you are, even a genius cannot finish all of his work by himself. A team is a symbol of strength, profession and solidarity. A good team is one which members can use their fortes to complete their tasks and support the others. That is what teamwork supposes to be. Although working independently is also important, if you isolate yourself, surely you would be left behind.

In conclusion, if you want to gain success, working in group is one of the skills you should master. Otherwise, you would find yourself getting stuck with a boring job and awkward life.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hi Kitos,
I think there is something wrong with this essay. My ideas seem to be separated and lack of coherence. Please give me some advice on this topic.
Looking forward to your reply :slight_smile:

TOEFL listening lectures: In October of which year did Vaudeville officially appear?

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is more important to be able to work with a group of people than to work independently.

When we were young, our teachers usually asked us to do our homework independently, but things have changed as we have grown up. Since we have to work together with our colleagues, working in groups plays a more important role in our lives.

Firstly, working as a team is one of the basic soft skills required by most companies. Regardless of your major, you will need to communicate with other people like your colleagues and your customers. That is the reason why some companies usually create team-building parties and kick-off meetings in order to improve the relationships between their employees.

Secondly, a team would help you save time and resources, as each team member would have a different perspective, and it would help you have the complete picture of your problem. Although some people think that too many people might lead to an argument, I think it means you would be able to understand the problem much more clearly.

Last but not least, nobody can work alone. No matter who you are, even a genius cannot finish all of his work by himself. A team is a symbol of strength, profession and solidarity. A good team is one whose members can use their fortes to complete their tasks and support the others. That is what teamwork is supposed to be. Although working independently is also important, if you isolate yourself, surely you would be left behind.

In conclusion, if you want to gain success, working in a group is one of the skills you should master. Otherwise, you will find yourself getting stuck with a boring job and awkward life.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I thought this was very clear and concise Giang. Stop worrying and keep reading.

Kitos. 9/10

Can you look at mine??? Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

There are people around the world that prefers working alone to team work. However, I believe that teamwork is also needed as well. Without teamwork, it could be stressful, as well as not enough time. Most importantly, team work provides more information and a fun experience.
Team work can support the project by significant information. With more people, they can combine their individual talent into one idea. For example, I once liked to work alone, using my own brain, not others. I was able to make all the decision without any distractions that others would’ve gave me. However, all my efforts gave me lower marks than others that worked in a team. When I asked the teacher why I got low marks, the teacher informed that I had less information than others. Moreover, I decided that I should work with a partner on an important science project. We were able to work without any stress and were able to hand our project right on time. Most importantly, we had excellent information that we combined with our individual ideas. Not only does team work provide more information, it is also fun experience.
Team work provides a better social network with others. Working in a team provides relationship that allows the team to fluently speak with the team. For example, when I was working on an important science project, I was able to speak my own feelings to my partner, which led me a better friendship with him. He was able to speak to me as well, and by that, we got to know each other’s personality. In that science project, I was able to meet my best friend, which led me optimistic every day. Little by little, I was able to expand my social network by team work.
Today’s world is changing however; there are people who want to work alone because they want silence, and want to do whatever they desire to do. There are also people who has problem in their brain and can’t communicate well with others.