will return v.s. be returning

I want to set up this message as an automatic notification in case I’m on holiday. Could you, please, check it and correct if needed.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi LS

I would suggest this alternative for your first sentence:

I’m on holiday/vacation at the moment and will be returning on (date).

Hi, Amy

Many thanks for the quick responce. You helped me a lot !

I saw your title for this post, I think it might help in some other ways:
<tomorrow/next week/next year…>
1.I will go to Taiwan tomorrow.
2.I am going to Taiwan tomorrow.
3.I am to go to Taiwan tomorrow.

1.the most slight degree: indicating sb. is willing to do sth. or the act in the future
2.the medium one: indicating something pretty approaching, someting must happen in the coming minutes.
3.the large one: indicating destiny, something must happen in the coming seconds

I will go there (someday). I am going there (now). I am to go there (right now).

I will be 18. (wait and see, and then I’ll do that in my room)
I’m going to be 18. (maybe the birthday is right tomorrow)

Can you please explain to me what I use here in place of “When you returned”.
When you returned to the branch , you must enter all the relevant details in the ledger stored in this cupboard.
(A) Returning
(B) On returning
© Your return
(D) While returning
(E) No correction required
Please explain this.

‘When you returned’ is incorrect anyway as the tense does not match the rest of the statement. However, there is a wide choice of correct options:
When you return to the branch, you must…
Upon returning to the branch, you must…
On returning to the branch, you must…
Upon your return to the branch you must…
On your return to the branch, you must…
When returning to the branch, you must…
When you return to the branch, you must…

They are all grammatically correct, and each of them can be used (to a greater or lesser extent) to indicate something habitual which takes place more than once or something which happens on a single occasion.

But sir, answer is (D).
While returning to the branch , you must enter all the relevant details in the ledger stored in this cupboard.

Please explain again i didn’t understand.

If you are using an answer key I’m sorry to tell you that it is wrong.
The answer (D) is incorrect unless you are entering the details in the ledger while you are journeying towards the branch – an act which would probably be dangerous (you should be looking where you are going) and would definitely be impossible if the ledger were still in the cupboard!