Why we need Universal Basic Services

In the following article by @Sumejja you will find a lot of answers to the questions posed by the current pandemic as well the climate crisis. Instead of peddling the fairytales of infinite economic growth we need a human centered economy. Sumejja is an excellent example of how young people are starting to look for new values and goals in life. @Memo34, this is a great article for you too: Why We Need Universal Basic Services | english.best

3 Likes

Thanks for the mention, @Torsten! I’m also open to any questions. This topic is so broad that there is endless potential for fruitful discussion!

2 Likes

Here is an interesting fact when it comes to implementing a system backed by both concepts – Universal Basic Services and Universal Basic Income: The four countries making most progress in this field are run by women and I don’t think this is a coincidence. It’s time to replace the patriarchy is our dominant hierarchical system. I’ve never been to Canada but from what I read and heard it seems that Canada is much more social and balanced than it’s big neighbor in the south. So, I would like to hear what you and your mom, @Tamar think about universal basic services and the rule of the patriarchy.

2 Likes