Why is this correct? (good credit report)

Business English Courses, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #81 [color=blue]“Renting a place”, question 1

In order for you to buy a house in the United States, it is important that you have a good report.

(a) school
(b) medical
(c) credit
(d) dental

Business English Courses, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #81 [color=blue]“Renting a place”, answer 1

In order for you to buy a house in the United States, it is important that you have a good credit report.

Correct answer: (c) credit

Your answer was: [color=red]incorrect
In order for you to buy a house in the United States, it is important that you have a good school report.
[size=200]_________________________[/size]

why is this correct?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: An employee asks his co-worker to help him with the photo copier[YSaerTTEW443543]

I know it as a ‘good credit rating’.

Hi

I also know this as “credit rating”. A credit rating is basically a sort of “risk status”. However, if you want to borrow money from a bank, the bank could order a “credit report” (something in writing) from a company that collects information about people’s credit ratings.

The sentence would make more sense with “credit rating”, in my opinion.

Amy

Hi Mr. Micawber and Amy,

Many thanks for your response. Actually, I had posted that question when I was demonstrating the message system to a group of prospective users.
It’s very good that you have also brought up the term ‘credit rating’ in addition to credit report.
According to Wikipedia, a credit report is ‘a record of an individual’s or company’s past borrowing and repaying, including information about late payments and bankruptcy’.

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Giving directions on how to get to the stadium[YSaerTTEW443543]