Why is life better in the city than in the rural areas?

Why is life better in the city than in the rural areas?

3 Likes

What makes you say life in the city is better than in rural areas? (You don’t need the article ‘the’ here if that was your question).

2 Likes

Hi Torsten,

Indeed not, but you do need ‘in’

What makes you say life in the city is better than in rural areas?

3 Likes

You could also say: Why is life in the city better than that in rural areas?

3 Likes

Hi Anglophile,

Ofcourse, you could, but I was only referreing to ‘in’.

See you, my dear friend.

2 Likes

And yet, we still haven’t discussed the actual question. Is life in the city really better than life in rural areas? I mean, doesn’t the answer depend on a variety of factors?

2 Likes

Yes, it depends on various factors, and it has merits and dmerits.

As a city dweller, I’d say life in the city is faster, busier and more comfortable, and things can be had almost for the asking. But you tend to become so selfish and self-centred that you may not trust even your neighbours. You cannot always take your companions amd colleagues for granted. You are sometimes upset with the hustle and bustle. You are deprived of fresh air, pure water, organic food etc. You live a life of psychological solitude!

On the other hand, a sylvan environment offers you a pleasant and panaromic surrounding with hills and valleys, tanks and streams, fields and gardens as well as good, innocent faces to associate and share our feelings and griefs with. The Internet may be slow, the mobile may lack adequate ‘range’, the infrastructure may be insufficient and the concept of sophisticaton may be alien but when you breathe in fresh air, when you meet smiling neighbours and when you see courteous passersby, you feel like being in a different world with a deep sense of belonging!

3 Likes

Who said like that? Rural areas is better than City, I will say, because, the people in rural area, can enjoy natural plants, fruits, animals and trees. But in city, your life will always be tension, you have to busy yourselves to enjoy the comfort, whereas, in rural area the people will have calm life, there you find happiness, you can enjoy with agriculture it would yield big income rather than investing money in the big companies, you will not find traffic jam if you go anywhere, all facilities you can get in Rural area only with some limitation. Due to Corona, the city is only highly affected due to over population, in rural area will have only limited population and unlimited benefits. From this you can say that the Rural Area is always better than City.

1 Like