Why do you want to improve your English?

I want to improve my English, because I suffer from Dyslexia so grammatically My English is very weak compared to my speaking. English is very important for my career choices as of now and in the future.

1 Like

Why do you say your English is very weak? It doesn’t look weak to me at all. As a matter of fact, your English is very good so keep up using it. I take you get a lot of practice over there in the UK? Where exactly do you live?

As for me, I started learning English back in school and could practice it during my stay in the US and the UK a couple of years ago. I think it’s very important to be able to communicate in English because I want to go London and Italy again.

1 Like

Thank you for your generous reply, but I do practise a lot that is why it seems my English is great, but I still need to improve a lot more. I live in Birmingham!

2 Likes

Very interesting. And how come you are up this early over there in Birmingham?

1 Like

Why we want to improve our English, to know the outside world in all directions. For example, you can manage yourselves any where, if we know English, since the English is an international language. I have suffered a lot to learn English, the English.best made me to learn to good level which I never imagined myself. To make ourselves in self correspondence in all activities without depending others, it helps me a lot. Sir Torsten is my Guru and Motivator to improvement. TOEIC listening Exercises is the best choice for learning English, it will enrich our English.

Thank you

S.Shanthi

2 Likes

That’s a very good question indeed. I would classify any words and expressions that either are no longer used or understood by the majority of all English speakers as ‘old English’.

1 Like

Despite feeling unable to travel because of health that is not good yet, I intend to return fly abroad a lot. So, English knowledge is very important. I cannot stay shy to talk. Am I sure, my teacher? What do you say about it? My sincere regards.

3 Likes

You can use our forum to exchange ideas with such interesting and resourceful people like @Anglophile, @Alan, @Sumejja, @Andrea, @Tamar, @Elida to name but a few.

3 Likes

I think I remember your name on this forum, Cristovam.

You are back after a long time. Welcome!

This thread seems to have been originated in 2012. I wonder how it is revived now.

Coming to your post, let me say that it needs some fine-tuning.

Despite being unable to travel because of my poor health which has not improved yet, I intend to fly abroad a lot. So, knowledge of English is very important. I cannot stay shy of talking. I need to build up confidence.

2 Likes