Why do you want to improve your English?

Hi yvette,

Thank you so much for helping me. I will try the way you said. Maybe I should watch some cartoon movie, too. Thanks again. I appreciate that.

1 Like

You know what? here is one more hint;

If you have a co-worker who is freindly with you and speaks good English. Ask him/her to correct you when you do mistakes, grammar, articulation, even in choosing the proper word that fits the situation.

Believe me, I do that for both languages English with English speaker and French with French speakers.

Good luck, again,
Yvette

1 Like

Hi Torsten;

I was answering this test about “Profits and Benefits” and I saw this sentence ‘what is the point to learn Old English it it is not used anymore’

What is the Old English?
Is that the one I read in my “Holy Bible” and have hard time to understand a lot of words?
Or it is the formal English that should be used in formal letters used with Government, court and so on?
and why it is not used anymore.
I learn also, that here in North America and Canada they use “slang” or “colloquial” language. Examples; how are ya, or what’s up, not a respectful way.

Please advice,
Thanks,
Yvette

1 Like

Hello Torsten,
There’s nothing I enjoy more than studing English .Teaching English is my university major ,but I’m really ashamed of my speaking and other skills.That’s why I haven’t recorded my voice yet.

1 Like

Sir,

Good day! With regard to the question Why do I want to learn English or improve my English. Because right now, I am enrolled in a graduate school class taking up Educational Management though in my self assessment, I can write and speak English I still have difficulty in choosing the right word to say especially when I am in front of so many people. In our class we are required to speak and write in English and sometimes when we are ask by our teachers to share or give our answers or opinion about our lesson I am always intimidated and nervous to answer it. I hope I can be a better one through your help.

1 Like

Hello Torsten

Nowadays you need to know english if you want to exist in IT world.
I need this language for work. Hopefully someday I will speak english fluently.
Best regards.

1 Like

Hi,

Learning English is more important than knowing other languages. Because, it has their
own influence all over the world. To recognize ourselves to the modern society, we should know/learn English to some extent. For that we have to keep engage ourselves with that environment like joining on the English Forum, and regular courses through online. Instead of watching unwanted things through web, if we spend our time in useful way in learning English without interruption, definitely, we can achieve our goals.
We can do our work independently without seeking help from others. To improve English, we should get practiced ourselves, once we gain that fluency, we should keep speaking/writing sometime daily to get good knowledge. Gained knowledge is like an Ässet" it will yield you more money,it will never get wasted.

Wish you Good Luck

Thanking you

S.Shanthi

Hi torsten,

Thanks for giving good articles to learn english perfect.

English is now a day’s international language. So, it’s a very important to learn. If you speak in english, other can understand easily. For understanding purpose or other person know your thought or your ideas, it’s very necessary to know english very well. Now we can speak english but the problem is, some time we hesitate that whether this sentence is correct or wrong. For that reason we stop to speak in english. Sometime fear about speak in public place or in meeting with our team mates.

Thanks & Regards,
Arfeen

1 Like

Hello Torsten,

Well, I want to improve my english, because now a days in my work is more necessary it, since the company joined to an internacional company I have more contact with people of different countries and different pronunciations even all speak english, you know each country has their own language and it make them sound different and these contacts are some by e-mail and mostly by telephone so it is very important to understand what they tell me.

That’s why I am very thankfull with you by this opportunity (maybe it is better to say I thank you very much by this opportunity), this is a perfect example of some doubts that I have related with the english language.

I would like to give us more exercises of spelling (for example of first and second difficult names in a different speed) that will help me a lot.

Take care!
Maria Celia (Bucles)

1 Like

I learn English to broaden my horizons of academic disciplines by reading things on the Net . I don’t want to get cheated by charlatans.

You know it’s rather itchy to get cheated. 'Haha.

Have fun when you still live.

Most cheaters don’t know good English. Do they? Oh, my.

Why not learn more English today not to get cheated everyday.

And English Test Net is one of the best sites on earth. Trust me.

1 Like

I want to improve myEnglish.I want to watch English films on tv or speak with tourist in my country. But it is very hard to me When watching English films or speaking with tourists.I can’t catch their Spoken words or can’t pick up their words what they are speaking.For this reason,it makes me hopeless.Even if I try to listen english and learning new vocabularies I’m bad at speaking and listening English.

1 Like

Hello teacher.!!
I’m Trang
I’m learning at Korea university, my major is Korean and I try to complete master degree. Study is so hard.^^
I like speaking English, but I can’t spell English exactly, I feel my spelling so strange. Sometimes, I’m scaring for speaking English
I am learning to get a TOEIC exam. Mostly I listen “Toeic listening” in english.best
but I also want to speak English, so will you send me some videos or listening that they have subtitle?. because I think that I can practice spelling and learn new words by heart
Recently, I have prepared presentations and done many homework, so maybe I will send my assignment late, Please forgive me.

Thank you very much, I promise to learn hard
Good evening

Trang student.

1 Like

Hello teacher.!!
I’m Trang
I’m learning at Korea university, my major is Korean and I try to complete master degree. Study is so hard.^^
I like speaking English, but I can’t spell English exactly, I feel my spelling so strange. Sometimes, I’m scaring for speaking English
I am learning to get a TOEIC exam. Mostly I listen “Toeic listening” in English test.net
but I also want to speak English, so will you send me some videos or listening that they have subtitle?. because I think that I can practice spelling and learn new words by heart
Recently, I have prepared presentations and done many homework, so maybe I will send my assignment late, Please forgive me.

Thank you very much, I promise to learn hard
Good evening

Trang student.

1 Like

hello dear Torsen
I’d love to learn English since it’s an international language. I really enjoy understanding conversations of people from around the world and also I really enjoy being understood by people from all over the world. This joy and piece that I get from communication with people who are not from my country but can understand me acts like an inner force which pushes me towards learning English

1 Like

To answer your question, it’s simply because in my country, to be professional is to learn and be proficient in English. You can’t be called professional if you can’t speak English fluently. Yes, it sounds funny 'cause this is not our official language yet everyone is dying to speak and learn English. Actually, it became our second language.
Next reason is personal. Because i wanted to interact with other people and English is the only language that everyone knows, or i may say, is aware of.
Honestly, i’m more dying to learn Hindi :slight_smile:

Thanks for this opportunity to write in your forum. Happy New Year Everyone!

*P.S i really wanted to learn Hindi, so whoever wants to befriends with me, feel free to pm me. Dhanyavad.

1 Like

Hello Torsten and everybody,

I’m very grateful for you and your team because I can get an exciting chance to improve my knowledge of English.
You are right when say that most of us read the messages in the forum but don’t want to post a reply. So try to use the forum frequently with some posts is the good opportunity to improve your English.

I wish the best things for you in the new year!
Don Qui Nguyen

1 Like

Why do I want to improve my English?

There are many reasons why people need to improve their English:
For work, for business, for pleasure, and etc.
But for me, English is my daily use. And also I want to be an English teacher and a well-known knowledge trainer in the world. Therefore, I have to improve my English.

how I improve my English is;

Read English books, newspapers, and magazines. Learning root words. like, prefixes, and suffixes. Expanding my knowledge of English. Figuring out how I learn because people have different learning style. Speaking in English everyday. All these efforts and more can be improved.

1 Like

Hello everybody!
Frankly, I think that there are many reasons to improve the English language in nowadays! There are a lot of advantages for people who know English, but not for them who don`t know. Knowledge of English will provide you understanding, analyzing, studying variety of topics and issues; even maybe some of issues that many of people do not have, and/or never will have a chance to hear, to see, to experience; but through foreign languages, particularly knowing English will help people to read, to analyze, by giving them a chance to meet, to figure out and talk about different issues from all around the world!
I think that the best way to improve English goes through reading a lot, especially by speaking! In addition, the language-learning-forums are one of the best ideas for improving knowledge!

Hello everybody!
Frankly, I think that there are many reasons to improve the English language in nowadays! There are a lot of advantages for people who know English, but not for them who don`t know. Knowledge of English will provide you understanding, analyzing, studying variety of topics and issues; even maybe some of issues that many of people do not have, and/or never will have a chance to hear, to see, to experience; but through foreign languages, particularly knowing English will help people to read, to analyze, by giving them a chance to meet, to figure out and talk about different issues from all around the world!
I think that the best way to improve English goes through reading a lot, especially by speaking! In addition, the language-learning-forums are one of the best ideas for improving knowledge!

Hi! Members here in this forum!
I’m being colled Hussein from Coma Congo, I’m so interested in learning English because here in this country majority of citizen they don’t know how to speak English language tha’s why. according that I sow for me is better to learn more in order to be good speaker wherever I’m. for this time being I would like to improve my lever of speaking and writing, so give me better techniques so as to perform well, I know that I should make mistakes and mistakes make perfect that’s why I’m here to get the better so as to betterise my lever and also to remove my shame which I have while I’m tolking with some one.
Thanks,