Why do you want to improve your English?

hello sir,
Now a days,English language is becoming eminent part of our life . I want to learn English because i want to go to the US for my higher studies As you know it’s very important if you want to to live in any country u should know the language of that country in order to communicate with people.so I want to be good in English so that I will be able to communicate with the people over there.
PLEASE AMEND ME IF I AM WRONG
THANKS A LOT SIR

Hi Trosten!
I want to improve my grammar and my vocabulary . I make the same mistakes over and over again and that is because I never sat down to learn, just picked it up.I know ,people do understand what I want to say and for this reason I never think so in every sentence i have mistakes. I will need to start all over and learn and learn and I will never stop…and surely I will see the fruit of learning!
Best Regards,
Olga

Hello everybody!
I want to improve my english because to be sure in myself.
And because it’s best to know.

Hello Mr Torsten

If you ask me, why do you want to improve your English? I answer, because of my job.
As a banker, I must to learn risk management of bank. Almost of journals about risk management , is in English.
OK, Mr Torsten, I always wait your letter every time.

best regards
Fardian

hi
this is Lana, thanks for your cocern.
i am now an English teacher in a government school. I want to improve my English because I want to complete my studying abroad. I’d like to improve my speaking by using new words not same words every time.I want to look like native speakers espcially in speaking and writing.

thanks
Lana

Hi, Torsten. I am very interesting in improve my English because I feel very happy when I sit down infront of the T.V. and I can understand what the speaker is saying.
Regarding the test I found it very interesting, although I have failed in a 60%. but I hope that with your help I can achieve my objective.
Also I read carfully what the partners write and questions that they ask you and the form you respods them.
best wishes.
Iván

Hello Torsten
My name Igor, login is step777
The reason to improve my English I think is common to lot of residents of this site-the life’s need
I am have been working for UN organization, have no problem to relation but my
free conversation is not very good, have the mistakes for Grammatik
Now I work with testes of your site, listen to BBC recording, watch TV in English and
want to find the person who wants learn the Russian language, for total benefit
Igor (step777)

Hi everybody, i’m really very happy to answer this question, iw’d to tell you that english is very important in my life, and i lke it since my infance and why ? i’ll tell you the story; my teacher of english has given me a book of english, you know why? all my friends have bought the book only me because i hadn’t money to buy it.
Since that time i like english very much, now i’m 25, and i use english in all my researches, i have the master in chemistry, and as a goal i want to complete my studies abroad so i’m preparing the toefl ibt.
All the best
Hear from you soonest
Boulanouar

Good morning,

It is morning here (Indonesia), how about there?
Well, it’s a good chance to tell you why I want to learn English. I’m not a teacher. I’m an employee of a public company. I have been very interesting study English since I know that for the first time. I think if I can speak english well I can go around the world, meet many kinds of people, knowing their culture, sociality, food, etc.

So I joined this site to get started learning English. I have an Idea to improve or English especially me. We can make a forum that we can chat each other once a week or 2 weeks. May be other members have ever told this idea but I think this is a good idea.

OK Torsten I think that’s all I can tell you. Thank you very much for you attention and have a nice day.

Regards,
Ori

Hi Torsten,

Sorry for being silent too. My purpose why i want to improve my english is because i’m working on a multinational company & i’m always communicate to the other countries. Second, because i’d like to work abroad too. Again, sorry but i’m always read all the e-mails coming from english test net.

Hi Torsten,
I learn English because it’s an important language and it’s really necessary to my job.
When I learn English I can understand and knowledge of people and society in many countries.
This time I haven’t much time to learn English, so I hope this forum will help me improve my skill English
Thanks,
Quang

Hi,

I learn English because I like it. And now, besides teaching English, I am given a chance to teach other elementary subjects in English. I very much like teaching, though sometimes tiring and frustrating, but it really is something when you see your students can make a bit of improvements in their life.

Other than that, I am helping my dad with his business with the American. I believe it’s a blessing to get to know English since your childhood for it is much easier to teach children than adult. Though, persistence is alwasys the key.

And so, thank you so very much for giving us the chance to improve our English. It is a rare opportunity to have a great forum like this.

Alfred

Hi Torsten,
I’m a Chinese student, and I want to go to US for further study. So I HAVE TO learn English, although I think it is impossible for a non-native student to speak and use english as native tongues. I have tried my best to memorize new words and phrases but it seems didn’t work at all. I think the environment is the most important thing in learning a language. if you have to use English everyday and everywhere, you surely will master it. The pity I don’t have this environment. Sometimes I use the Chinese grammar to form the English sentance, something like “Chinglish”. I don’t know how to learn it, the main purpose of my learning is to pass the GRE exam.

Hi Lao Li,

If I may give you a bit of advice: try to memorize new words and phrases easily.

I always use English to English dictionary and it helps me a lot. Whenever I don’t know a particular word in English, I look at the book and then try to apply it in a sentence or a situation where I might need it.

Lao Li, you are very lucky. I wanted to learn Chinese for it has quickly become the 2nd most popular language in the world, but it is also one of the most difficult language to learn; I guess because they write and read differently.

Alfred

Hello Torsten,
Thank you for the mail you sent me. I’m a senior of a technical university, so improving English helps me get a good job. It’s not the only reason. Nowadays, development of communication makes the world smaller, we can read news, magezines… and learn more on internet. So learning English is an excellent choice.
I read a lot of posts on this forum, i agree that we afraid of making mistakes. However, i recognize that if we don’t make mistakes, we needn’t learn anymore.
Thank you for all,
Van Giap

Hi alkeren,

English and Chinese are different indeed. First, the pronounciation organ(hope you will not misunderstand me) are different. Enlgish is pronounced at lung while Chinese at tongue. Japanese is much like Chinese in this way. As a matter of fact, Japanses sounds like a dialect of Chinese. Second, a single Chinese word contains only one vowel, and it can function as a “letter” or “word” in English, which means that a Chinese word is the unit in Chinese language, and it has its own meaning and can be combined with other Chinese word to form a new word.
Since I have been used to the grammar and pronounciation of chinese, I found English so difficult for me.But I won’t be afraid of making mistakes, because I have made a lot in this post. :slight_smile:

Hello Torsten,

First of all, let me thank you wholeheartedly for your encouraging efforts to make the English language a bit easier and widely available for the people who want to improve their skills and knowledge. I think that the site is one of the most impressive among similar ones on the internet.

Answering to your question I can say that there are many reasons for my goals to improve English. Some of them are very personal, like my love for the sounds and ideas that could be expressed through English so precisely. Next, teaching Egnlish is just my profession and being a passion at the same time, it makes my desire to learn more and more never end. Also I believe that there are no teachers in English - we are all only learners, enables and inspirers to others. I have been using your site for a couple of years by now, and I acknowledge that it helps me a lot. Finally, I use a lot some of the materials posted on the site in my class very often and I hope that you are not against it!!!

I wish you good luck in consolidating your hold of English learners all over the world.

Best Regards,
Tanya
:slight_smile:

Dear Torsten,
I want to improve my English so I may use it for a living

Hi Torsten !
I am here to learn english. Why ? Its very important for my career, to get a better job. Its funny in my country asking : "How is your english today instead of asking How are you today :slight_smile:

All the best Emilia !

Hi Torsten,

I want to improve my English because:
The first, I hope I can speak English fluently to feel more confidently when I speak to foreign people.
The second, I want to find a better job.
The third, it’s the most important, I want to study MBA. In my country, there are many MBA programs for me to choice. I can study MBA by my tongue language but it’s better than if I can study by English.
But I don’t like learning language. So I usually don’t remember new words. It’s difficult for me to learn English.

Lan

P/s: You can tell me my mistake if I make it in message.

Thanks.