Why do you want to improve your English?

I want to improve myEnglish.I want to watch English films on tv or speak with tourist in my country. But it is very hard to me When watching English films or speaking with tourists.I can’t catch their Spoken words or can’t pick up their words what they are speaking.For this reason,it makes me hopeless.Even if I try to listen english and learning new vocabularies I’m bad at speaking and listening English.

1 Like

Hello teacher.!!
I’m Trang
I’m learning at Korea university, my major is Korean and I try to complete master degree. Study is so hard.^^
I like speaking English, but I can’t spell English exactly, I feel my spelling so strange. Sometimes, I’m scaring for speaking English
I am learning to get a TOEIC exam. Mostly I listen “Toeic listening” in english.best
but I also want to speak English, so will you send me some videos or listening that they have subtitle?. because I think that I can practice spelling and learn new words by heart
Recently, I have prepared presentations and done many homework, so maybe I will send my assignment late, Please forgive me.

Thank you very much, I promise to learn hard
Good evening

Trang student.

1 Like

Hello teacher.!!
I’m Trang
I’m learning at Korea university, my major is Korean and I try to complete master degree. Study is so hard.^^
I like speaking English, but I can’t spell English exactly, I feel my spelling so strange. Sometimes, I’m scaring for speaking English
I am learning to get a TOEIC exam. Mostly I listen “Toeic listening” in English test.net
but I also want to speak English, so will you send me some videos or listening that they have subtitle?. because I think that I can practice spelling and learn new words by heart
Recently, I have prepared presentations and done many homework, so maybe I will send my assignment late, Please forgive me.

Thank you very much, I promise to learn hard
Good evening

Trang student.

1 Like

hello dear Torsen
I’d love to learn English since it’s an international language. I really enjoy understanding conversations of people from around the world and also I really enjoy being understood by people from all over the world. This joy and piece that I get from communication with people who are not from my country but can understand me acts like an inner force which pushes me towards learning English

1 Like

To answer your question, it’s simply because in my country, to be professional is to learn and be proficient in English. You can’t be called professional if you can’t speak English fluently. Yes, it sounds funny 'cause this is not our official language yet everyone is dying to speak and learn English. Actually, it became our second language.
Next reason is personal. Because i wanted to interact with other people and English is the only language that everyone knows, or i may say, is aware of.
Honestly, i’m more dying to learn Hindi :slight_smile:

Thanks for this opportunity to write in your forum. Happy New Year Everyone!

*P.S i really wanted to learn Hindi, so whoever wants to befriends with me, feel free to pm me. Dhanyavad.

1 Like

Hello Torsten and everybody,

I’m very grateful for you and your team because I can get an exciting chance to improve my knowledge of English.
You are right when say that most of us read the messages in the forum but don’t want to post a reply. So try to use the forum frequently with some posts is the good opportunity to improve your English.

I wish the best things for you in the new year!
Don Qui Nguyen

1 Like

Why do I want to improve my English?

There are many reasons why people need to improve their English:
For work, for business, for pleasure, and etc.
But for me, English is my daily use. And also I want to be an English teacher and a well-known knowledge trainer in the world. Therefore, I have to improve my English.

how I improve my English is;

Read English books, newspapers, and magazines. Learning root words. like, prefixes, and suffixes. Expanding my knowledge of English. Figuring out how I learn because people have different learning style. Speaking in English everyday. All these efforts and more can be improved.

1 Like

Hello everybody!
Frankly, I think that there are many reasons to improve the English language in nowadays! There are a lot of advantages for people who know English, but not for them who don`t know. Knowledge of English will provide you understanding, analyzing, studying variety of topics and issues; even maybe some of issues that many of people do not have, and/or never will have a chance to hear, to see, to experience; but through foreign languages, particularly knowing English will help people to read, to analyze, by giving them a chance to meet, to figure out and talk about different issues from all around the world!
I think that the best way to improve English goes through reading a lot, especially by speaking! In addition, the language-learning-forums are one of the best ideas for improving knowledge!

Hello everybody!
Frankly, I think that there are many reasons to improve the English language in nowadays! There are a lot of advantages for people who know English, but not for them who don`t know. Knowledge of English will provide you understanding, analyzing, studying variety of topics and issues; even maybe some of issues that many of people do not have, and/or never will have a chance to hear, to see, to experience; but through foreign languages, particularly knowing English will help people to read, to analyze, by giving them a chance to meet, to figure out and talk about different issues from all around the world!
I think that the best way to improve English goes through reading a lot, especially by speaking! In addition, the language-learning-forums are one of the best ideas for improving knowledge!

Hi! Members here in this forum!
I’m being colled Hussein from Coma Congo, I’m so interested in learning English because here in this country majority of citizen they don’t know how to speak English language tha’s why. according that I sow for me is better to learn more in order to be good speaker wherever I’m. for this time being I would like to improve my lever of speaking and writing, so give me better techniques so as to perform well, I know that I should make mistakes and mistakes make perfect that’s why I’m here to get the better so as to betterise my lever and also to remove my shame which I have while I’m tolking with some one.
Thanks,

I want to improve my English, because I suffer from Dyslexia so grammatically My English is very weak compared to my speaking. English is very important for my career choices as of now and in the future.

1 Like

Why do you say your English is very weak? It doesn’t look weak to me at all. As a matter of fact, your English is very good so keep up using it. I take you get a lot of practice over there in the UK? Where exactly do you live?

As for me, I started learning English back in school and could practice it during my stay in the US and the UK a couple of years ago. I think it’s very important to be able to communicate in English because I want to go London and Italy again.

1 Like

Thank you for your generous reply, but I do practise a lot that is why it seems my English is great, but I still need to improve a lot more. I live in Birmingham!

2 Likes

Very interesting. And how come you are up this early over there in Birmingham?

1 Like

Why we want to improve our English, to know the outside world in all directions. For example, you can manage yourselves any where, if we know English, since the English is an international language. I have suffered a lot to learn English, the English.best made me to learn to good level which I never imagined myself. To make ourselves in self correspondence in all activities without depending others, it helps me a lot. Sir Torsten is my Guru and Motivator to improvement. TOEIC listening Exercises is the best choice for learning English, it will enrich our English.

Thank you

S.Shanthi

2 Likes

That’s a very good question indeed. I would classify any words and expressions that either are no longer used or understood by the majority of all English speakers as ‘old English’.

1 Like

Despite feeling unable to travel because of health that is not good yet, I intend to return fly abroad a lot. So, English knowledge is very important. I cannot stay shy to talk. Am I sure, my teacher? What do you say about it? My sincere regards.

3 Likes

You can use our forum to exchange ideas with such interesting and resourceful people like @Anglophile, @Alan, @Sumejja, @Andrea, @Tamar, @Elida to name but a few.

3 Likes

I think I remember your name on this forum, Cristovam.

You are back after a long time. Welcome!

This thread seems to have been originated in 2012. I wonder how it is revived now.

Coming to your post, let me say that it needs some fine-tuning.

Despite being unable to travel because of my poor health which has not improved yet, I intend to fly abroad a lot. So, knowledge of English is very important. I cannot stay shy of talking. I need to build up confidence.

2 Likes