Why do you think people attend college or university?

People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge).
Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Education plays a positive role in our life. I think people apply for university or college for three reasons. They get a good experience, secure life, increase knowledge. 

First of all, When you get in college or university, it is a new environment that is different with high school. You meet a lot of international students who come from different places. Everyone has a culture. University or college has events and parties for various cultures. Students can participate at these parties with their friends and have a good experience.
Second, after a graduate from university or college, you have more opportunity for get a job with good salary each year. When you get a degree, it means that you are valuable for the world. You get more confidence for living a successful, enjoyable and happy life. You achieved a secure life.
Last one, you are developing in an academic environment, you can learn skills to search for libraries, labs ,and lectures.
Conclusion , university or college gives us good experience, secure life, increase knowledge.

TITLE EDITED.
Please help everyone to make the most of this forum and its resources by giving your threads meaningful and relevant subject lines.

Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important?
We learn a big part of knowledge from books. In my opinion books are more important than experience for three reasons. Improve second language, learn different culture, and increase scientific knowledge.
First, we learn a lot from read books. For example I am learning an English language. When I read a book, I learn a correct grammar and get an idea for writing. I am learning new vocabulary. It means that I am improving an academic level from second language. You cannot learn it from experience.
Second, we learn about cultures and historic in the world. For example I like to know about Chinese culture. I cannot to travel there. I can read book and know about belief, customs, habits, and historic.
Last, we increase scientific knowledge. Scientists from centuries ago have studied and summarized much knowledge that we can trust the information. Books help us to specific knowledge from years we were not.
In conclusion, we improve second language, learn different culture, and increase scientific knowledge with to read book that nothing can get from experience.