Why do governments most often warn their citizens against investing in cryptocurrencies?

Why do governments most often warn their citizens against investing in cryptocurrencies? (*) because they’re volatile (*) because they’re not backed by the state (*) due to lack of regulation (*) all of the above

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://english.best/questions/23082,why-do-governments-most-often-warn-their-citizens-against-investing-in-cryptocurrencies/
1 Like

It’s all of the above with the addition that the German government is warning its citizens against anything digital. Germany has always been an analogue country, the Germans have analogue in their DNA and are fighting the digital world with every fibre of their entire being.

1 Like

But that’s because Germany has been dominating all analogue technologies for the past century. They have the best diesel cars, the best copper phone lines, the best coal power plants and the best coins and banknotes.

2 Likes

Excuse me, sir. Torsten Daerr
1)What is the meaning of because they’re volatile?
2) Are you a supporter of cryptocurrencies or you are against them?

2 Likes

This means that cryptocurrencies are still very new and that’s why their value is constantly changing. With more widespread adoption cryptocurrencies will become more stable and eventually replace analogue FIAT currencies.

The advantages of cryptocurrencies outweigh their disadvantages which is why I’m very excited about this new technology. For this reason we have started the Blockchain test category together with Sumejja Muratagić-Tadić.

2 Likes

Many thanks, sir for this valuable information.

2 Likes

You are welcome. Your questions are at least as valuable so please keep them coming.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, Sir Torsten Daerr, for your kindness, generousness, and encouragement. You are the best English teacher I have ever known.

2 Likes

I hope you don’t mind my pointing out this: You are the best English teacher I have ever known.

Thank you very much for your compliment. If you like you can call me by my name :wink:

2 Likes

It is not a compliment, sir. It is the truth. It gives me pleasure to correct my English mistakes. Many thanks

2 Likes