Who controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and the

Who controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little that can be done to rectify this. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

I find this statement very meaningful because this issue is very actual in present society, and also I support this position. I base my opinion on several facts such as growth of influence of the media and that in the developed countries there are several global corporations, which rule the majority of informational sources.
First of all, it is important to outline that XX and XXI centuries are the age of information. People have been witnesses of the revolution in the media field and as a result, sources of information have taken significant part in modern lives. It is not a secret, that many people begin their day with reading newspaper or watching TV news. This is the reason, why the media has become an attractive tool for political parties or different influential groups, which want to manipulate the public opinion. For example, during political campaign some newspapers support particular candidates because of the position of their possessors.
Secondly, the development of society has brought several important changes one of them has been the monopolisation of the media. This popular Latin word in practice means that independently on diversity of newspapers or TV channels they are controlled by several media groups. For example, when I visited The UK British people informed me that their famous newspapers as The Times or The Guardian are owned by global media corporations, which can influence on them. However, The Times is a very recognisablenewspaper, and people can trust it but society cannot be sure, when the question is connected with less famous newspapers, which can be involved in big business.
In conclusion, I want to make a remark that the media has been becoming more and more important in everyday lives. It is a rhetorical question: the growth of the global media is positive event or not? However, I believe that there are several contversial facts, which are connected with this event such as a place of the media in modern political processes and the globalisation of the sources of information.

TOEFL listening lectures: An organism that generates internal heat is called what?

Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people, and there is little that can be done to rectify this. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

I find this statement very meaningful, because this issue is very actual in present society, and also I support this position. I base my opinion on several facts, such as the growth in influence of the media, and that in the developed countries there are several global corporations, which rule the majority of informational sources.
First of all, it is important to outline that XX and XXI centurieshave become the age of information. People have been witnesses to the revolution in the media field, and as a result, sources of information have taken significant part in modern lives. It is not a secret that many people begin their day by reading newspaper or watching TV news. This is the reason why the media has become an attractive tool for political parties, or different influential groups who want to manipulate public opinion. For example, during political campaigns some newspapers support particular candidates because of the position of their owners.

Secondly, the development of society has brought several important changes. One of them has been the monopolization of the media. This popular Latin word means in practice that independently the diversity of newspapers or TV channels is controlled by several media groups. For example, when I visited the UK, British people informed me that their famous newspapers such as The Times or The Guardian are owned by global media corporations, which can influence to bear on them. However, The Times is a very recognisable newspaper and people can trust it, but society cannot be so sure when the question is connected with less famous newspapers, which can be involved in big business.

In conclusion, I want to make a remark that the media has been becoming more and more important in our everyday lives. It is a rhetorical question: Is the growth of the global media a positive event or not? However, I believe that there are several controversial facts which are connected with this event, such as the place of the media in modern political processes, and the globalisation of the sources of information.

A very well written piece of work Svyatoslavkn. A difficult topic, handled with ease.
You have certainly excelled yourself with this one. You deserve top marks for your effort.

Kitos. 10/10 *****

TOEFL listening lectures: An organism that generates internal heat is called what?
[/quote]