When will the Coronavirus crisis be over?

Do you think we will ever be able to go back to ‘normal’ (whatever that was) when the coronavirus crisis is over?

3 Likes

Excellent question. I believe it depends on the country. Some will be able to be “back on their feet” sooner than others. Countries with a bad economy will need more time to recuperate.

3 Likes

The climate crisis is global and doesn’t recognize any borders created arbitrarily by human beings who think they can control and manipulate nature.

4 Likes

I agree, I study geology and the facts say the processes are irreversible. The level of CO2 has never in the history of the world been this high. Not just CO2, lots of gases which cause the greenhouse effect are higher.
There’s some information here about the level of CO2.

3 Likes

Torsten, the Covid crisis will be completely over only when we realize that all of us are just human beings passing through a very transient life on this planet which is also home to other species (the flora and the fauna) around us.

4 Likes

I don’t think that there is such a thing is they pretend.I am happy human being so i don’t watch live television neither listen radio.We are living in period where almost 50 percent of the human population can be described as “consumer society”. It means that from time to time they have to find something to diversify to society and to make PROFIT FROM selling things to the stupidest part of it.Sooner or later all of us will die so there are people which are afraid from death which inhuman…You are born and you will die.That is it

2 Likes

Kolev, I take it you don’t care whether or not there is scientific research on subjects like sociology, history or any question for that matter? I mean, you might not even care to find our whether or not the earth is flat? Sheep don’t care, why should you?

3 Likes

Oh, Kolev, I have the impression you’re not such a happy human being after all. Ofcourse, it is your right to have your own opinion, but I wish there was something I could do about your negative thoughts, I’m sorry, but that’s how I feel when I read your post. Scientists do everything they can, using every available resource they have to get rid of this invisible mass murderer. Please, do care, would you? I think the least you deserve is a warm heart. :heart:

Is that it, Kolev123? No, there’s so much more to life than just being born and die, believe me. Enjoy it, but don’t ignore the news on television and other media reporting daily about Covid-19. I’d like to think that reality is a very strong medium and therefore sometimes hard to stomach. However, this doesn’t mean you shouldn’t care, because you should, you REALLY should. By the way, Kolev, being afraid of death has absolutely nothing to do with being inhuman. A lot of people are afraid of death, but they don’t think about it very often, since they too enjoy life as it comes, only now, they have to be extremely cautious so as not to contract Covid-19, not only to save their own lives, but that of others as well. I’m not afraid of death, but I’m also very cautious, taking care of myself and having the responsibility of telling others to do the same. I’m not afraid of growing old either. ‘Do not complain about growing old. It is a privilege denied to many.’ - Mark Twain. There will be problems, but you have to deal with them. Once you’ve done that you’ll notice you’ll be happier than you are now. However, happiness and unhappiness are both inherent in life, like birth and death. And yes, you can make mistakes sometimes. Someone who never makes mistakes doesn’t live properly. Kolev, we’re all human. We don’t always see eye to eye with each other about some things, but this doesn’t mean that we don’t care about the people we meet, either on this forum or in our personal lives.
I hope I’m fortunate to continue living for a long time.
Happy Easter :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Hi Torsten,

I can understand your reaction as everyone seems to get irritable every now and then during the Corona time, like I was with you a few weeks ago, but I can easily understand Kolev’s reaction. He merely tries to escape reality, which is impossible, because facts are facts and I think that we all agree that this virus has disrupted our lives completely without pointing fingers at anyone. However, be that as it may, Happy Easter! :purple_heart:

P.S.: I guess I used as a bit of a whipping boy. In Dutch ‘een pispaaltje’.

2 Likes