What would you change in your school?

From the very beginning I should say that my native country is Belarus and I am proud of that I was born here. However I think that our educational system is not perfect. So I believe that our Minister of Education should pay more attention to our school programs. I would like to change school programs not only in my school but in all our Belarusian schools.

First, our school programs are very difficult for children. They have to spend all their time studying that is why many of them do not like going to school. A lot of them have bad marks and their parents cannot help them. There a lot of families in our country who cannot allow to hide a private teacher for their children to improve their studies. Our students at higher school have the same programs as at university. For instance, if a child is going to become a linguist what for he has to study math deeply especially when he does not like this subject.

Second, I believe that children must have enough free time. They should attend sport clubs in order to be healthy. If we want that our children were easy-going and sociable they should communicate with other children and learn how to build new relationships.

Third, not all of them are going to have a higher education. Some of them need to help their parents about the house and learn other new skills. So I cannot but agree that they do not need to study difficult things which maybe never will be useful for them. For example, mothers will teach their daughters how to sew, while boys will be taught to repair different things by their fathers.

To sum up, I believe that lots parents will agree with me that our school programs must be changed. That will give a chance to have a better understanding of different subjects, allow students have more spare time and learn different new things.

Thanks for your help in advance!

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Art History

From the OUTSET I should EXPLAIN that my native country is Belarus, and I am SO proud of THE FACT that I was born here.
However, I think that our educational system is LACKING IN MANY REGARDS, so I believe that our Minister of Education should pay more attention to our school programs.
I would like to change school programs not only in my school, but in all OF our Belarusian schools.

First, our school programs are very difficult for children. They have to spend all OF their time studying. That is THE REASON why SO many of them do not like going to school.
A lot of them have bad marks and their parents cannot help them.
There ARE MANY families in our country who cannot AFFORD TO HIRE a private teacher for their children to HELP THEM TO improve their studies.
Our students at HIGH school have the same programs as at university.
For instance, if a child is going to become a linguist WHY DOES HE HAVE to study math SO deeply, especially when he does not like this subject(?)

Second, I believe that children must have LOTS OF free time.
They should BE GIVEN TIME TO attend sport clubs in order to be healthy.
If we want that our children BECOME easy-going and sociable, they should communicate with other children and learn how to build new relationships.

Third, not all of them are going to have a higher education. Some of them need to help their parents AROUND the house and learn other new skills.
So I cannot but agree that they do not need to study difficult things which maybe never be useful for them.
For example, mothers will teach their daughters how to sew, while boys will be taught to repair different things by their fathers.

To sum up, I believe that lots OF parents will agree with me that our school programs must be changed. That will give THE CHILDREN a chance to have a better understanding of different subjects, allow students TO have more spare time and TO learn new AND different things.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Excellent Lubov. I wonder if you have recorded your voice here. Are you as good a speaker as you are a writer?
Kitos.