I am new to this forum. I am currently completing an endorsement in ESL and I have to interview an ESL Teacher. I am wondering if there are any ESL teachers that may be able to answer some of the following questions I have…
- What type of ELL program methodology does your school employ?
- What types of methods and theories do you employ in your classroom?
- Which methods or theories does your district encourage?
- What is your school and districts process in identifying a LEP student?
- What are some challenges that you face as an ESL teacher?
- What are some successes that you’ve had as an ESL teacher?
- What can a student expect in your classroom? (environment, instruction, etc.)
- What do you or the district do to involve the parents of ELL students?
- What do you see for the future of ESL education?
- What advice do you have for future ESL teachers?
- What do you think is working currently in our country for ESL students?
- What do you think is NOT working currently in our country for ESL students?
Thanks so much in advance! Any answers are appreciated.