What kind of worker do you prefer as an employer?

IF you were an employer, which kind of worker would you prefer to hire: an inexperienced worker at a lower salary or an experienced worker at a higher salary?
Use specific reasons and details to support your answer

Experience is the best teacher. However in this given criteria, I will choose based on my company’s budget and work criticality. If I have enough budget and my work is critical, then I will go for an experienced worker at a higher salary to save my time and to have my work done effectively. I am considering myself as an employer of any startup company ; therefore, I would like give chance to an inexperienced worker at a lower salary.

First of all, I believe an experience can be gained by continuous learning process. If my worker is an inexperienced, then I can teach him about how to work in professional environment. Eventually, he will learn and gain some experience and will be beneficial for me. For example, when I started working as health management manager, I was totally unaware about my post. My senior staff members taught me and helped me in settling such work environment and gradually I gained some of my field experiences. That is how it worked for me.

Secondly, as an employer of newly arose company, budget matters a lot to me. Initially, everyone has to pass through budget problems. So in my case if I would select an inexperienced worker with lower salary, then I can hire more workers and have more work done. In this way, I can improve my company’s productivity in less budget.

Last but not a least, someone is required to do basic level of work in company. Most of the important decisions are generally taken by high positioned employs. They have lots of work to do. Therefore, I need someone who can do ground level work for me. I can handle them a work which is not critical for me but still required to do it. This is how I can utilize my an inexperienced worker with saving my money.

To conclude, I would prefer an inexperienced worker with low salary over an experienced worker with high salary because as a startup company, I need to take some criteria in consideration such as money, basic level of work and so on .

TOEFL listening lectures: Which aspect of bee behavior does the professor mainly discuss?

Hi Kattie, I thought you did a good job with this essay. You addressed the prompt well, although your intro was a bit confusing to me. I liked your example of your own work experience, but adding even more details would have been good. Why were you inexperienced? How did your boss help you adjust? What experience did you gain that made you more valuable and useful to your employer? Your writing was generally clear, but you did have a few word choices that were a little off and a few mistakes in grammar and sentence structure. Overall, I would rate this a 3.5 out of 5.