what is your traditional Food ?

Hi, every body i think this is a good topic we have to speak English and learn about different country and learn some thing about another people around the world .
My name is Natasha
I’m 29 years old I’m married ,i don’t have any children
I’m from Iran we have a lot of different and delicious foods .
If you love this topic say me i start with our traditional food .
we have more than 20 famous food and you speak your traditional food

The word is ‘Thanks’.

Thanks, Dear Beeesneees i type with Ipad and some times i made a mistake Thanks a lot .

Our traditional food is Nashville hot chicken - it comes in three flavors: hot, very hot, and ridiculously hot: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_chicken

Thanks,Luschen
We have in in our country too but I don’t know it’s for your county .
It’s really delicious .Thanks for say information about traditional food in your country if you have more delicious food tell me I like to know about it and make it Thanks a lot

[size=150]Kabab-e Barg Recipe[/size]
barbequed lamb or beef
Makes 6 Servings

Ingredients

fillet of lamb, 1 kg (2.2 lbs)
extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 cup
3 onions, grated
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
6 medium tomatos
saffron, 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
salt
black pepper
sumac (optional) 

Method

Prepare marinade: mix olive oil, onions, garlic, saffron, salt and black pepper. Cut lamb into 1 cm thick and 4-5 cm long pieces. Do not remove all the fat as you will need it to melt. Marinate overnight (preferrably 24 hours) in refrigerator. Container should be covered.

Thread lamb on long, thin metal skewers. Thread whole tomatoes separately on another skewer. Brush with marinade. Barbeque for about 5-10 minutes on each side, turning frequently. Kabab Barg can also be made in the oven. Prepare as before, pre-heat the grill to a high temperature, and place just under the grill, again turning frequently. Serve hot with basmati rice or on middle-eastern bread. If served with rice, some sumac may be sprinkled on.

and you can see it in google .com if you type Kabab e Barg

and anather one is :
[size=150]Kabab-e Koobideh Recipe[/size]
barbequed ground lamb or beef
Makes 4 Servings

Ingredients

ground lamb or beef, 500 grams (1.1 lbs)
large onions, two (grated)
garlic, one clove (crushed)
large egg, one (beaten)
medium tomatoes, four
salt
black pepper
turmeric, one teaspoon (optional)
sumac (optional) 

Method

Mix meat, onions, garlic, egg, salt, pepper and turmeric well and leave in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours).

Press the meat around long, thick metal skewers and shape evenly. Thread whole tomatoes on another skewer. Barbeque each side for about five minutes, turning frequently. (If skewers are not available or barbequing is not possible, kabab-e koobideh can be shaped into long, thin portions on aluminum foil and grilled at high temperature in the oven. The oven should be pre-heated and kabab-e koobideh should be placed as high as possible near the source of the heat. Again, turn a few times.)

Serve with hot Basmati rice or on middle-eastern bread. If serving with rice, some sumac may be sprinkled on top. If kabab-e koobideh was made in an oven, the juice from the kabab can be poured on rice or bread.

make it and enjoy it.

[size=150]Khoresht Baadenjaan Recipe[/size]
with meat, eggplants, onions, and lime juice
Makes 4 Servings

Ingredients

lamb or beef, 400 grams
small eggplants, 8
medium onions, 3
tomato paste, 2 spoons
fresh lime juice, 2 spoons
cooking oil
salt
black pepper 

Method

Peel onions and slice thinly. Fry in oil until slightly golden. Cut meat into small pieces and fry with onions until colour changes. Bring 2-3 glasses of water to a boil, and add to meat. Add salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat for about one hour. When meat is cooked, there should be about one glass of water left. Add tomato paste and lime juice, and mix well.

Peel eggplants and slice length-wise to a thickness of 1 cm. Add salt on both sides and fry in abundant oil on both sides over medium/low heat until golden. Place eggplants over meat (but do not mix with meat). Place the lid on and cook over low heat for another 10 minutes.

Its really delicious make it its wonderful
[size=150]Khoresht Ghormeh Sabzi Recipe[/size]
exquisite dish made with various herbs, meat, black-eye beans and potatoes
Makes 6 Servings

Ingredients

750 grams boneless stewing lamb or beef
1 large onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup of cooking oil
1 teaspoon turmeric
1.5 cups water
1/2 cup dried limes (or fresh lime juice)
3/4 cup red kidney beans

salt
black pepper
1 cup spring onions, finely chopped
1.5 cups spinach, finely chopped
1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup coriander, finely chopped (optional)
1/4 cup tareh (garlic chives), finely chopped
1/4 cup shanbelileh (fenugreek), finely chopped (optional) 

Method

Trim meat and cut into 2 cm (3/4 inch) cubes. Fry onion over medium heat in half of the oil until golden. Add turmeric and fry for 2 more minutes.

Increase heat, add meat cubes and stir over high heat until meat changes color and begins to turn brown. Reduce heat.

Add water, red kidney beans, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer gently for 1-1.5 hours hours until meat is tender. Time depends on type of meat used.

Add prepared vegetables to frying pan and fry over medium heat until wilted. Add to sauce, then add dried limes (or lime juice), cover and simmer for further 10-15 minutes. Adjust seasoning and serve with white rice. An exquisite Iranian dish.

If you want more i can send recipe

Hi Natasha…I m agree with u that if we will share that kind of information with eachother definetly our english will we emprove…This is good thing that u are married…my self vikas from India i m 26 year old and i m searching my wife i mean not i m searching my family is searching… so what kind of delicious foods do you have? can you please share with me… i m new for this forum and i dont know so much that how to use forum…i will wait for your reply bye take care

Hi all can u any one who has spent so much time on FORUM that inform me how to use FORUM correctly because i m so confuse that how to use this FORUM… i m waitng for reply (He or She) can be send a personal msz to me i juat want to communicate to people in english that english is very important in our life

youtube.com/watch?v=bCTS76kZ … ure=relmfu

Hello, dear Natasha!
how r u doing with English learning, i hope we can improve our English with great jumps by each other’s helping.
thanks

Hi,

There are lots of different kinds of food in my country and the only thing i can tell you all is each province has her deliciously foods. Ah, till now have you had an idea where i am from? Yeah, right, an old country China. Welcome to visit China, if you will, can add me( Skype ID johnsonlsz) in you Skype contact list. I am pleasure to your guide in China, exactly in Shenzhen city or nearby.
Also i want to make friends all over the world for learning English , getting something unknown.
Take care all.

Johnsonlsz

Of course! With a name like Johnson, you have to be from China! :wink:

OH! MY! Johnson’s so popular in China. It reminds me to think of another English name. HAHA…