What is your contribution to reducing the world's pollution?

Pollution has become an enormous problem reaching a point where it can’t be solved by separate countries acting on their own. What we need is a joint effort and a global mind shift. It all starts by raising awareness of the issue. Millions of tons of plastic waste are dumped into the oceans every year causing animals to die cruel deaths and resulting in micro plastic that lands in our food. Another big problem is the growing air pollution and the resulting global warming. So, what do you do to preserve our planet for future generations?

2 Likes

Not answering the question directly, but related:

This year’s landfill fire count in Poland is ~70… It’s discouraging.

1 Like

I bought a electric car last year. My wife uses it when she send children to school or go shopping. The car can run 180 KM when it’s fully charged. We charge the car 5~6 times per month. Each time it spends 8~9 hours. The car is not expensive, about 10K $, made by a China corporation. So far, I am almost satisfied with it. The only problem is its battery lost charge too fast when the air-condition is working.

1 Like

Hi Bigape, it’s great to hear you are using an electric car. What is the name of the Chinese producer? As for me, I replaced my Passat with a GS and almost exactly three years ago I purchased a Ninebot One which I have used in lots of cities and towns all over Germany and I like riding it very much.

I cut down the use of plastic for the sake of our planet but do not cut down trees for the sake of fresh air!

1 Like

Germany has a population of about 82 million including children and elderly people but we have more than 52 registered cars most of which are stationary 90% of the time. On average, a car trip is about 15 kilometers. So, most of the time all those cars just occupy lots of space in urban areas with high levels of population density. This has to stop.

This car is produced by Changan, a corporation in Chongqing. Below is their webpage.
http://www.changan.com.cn/car/benni-ev260

Originally, it is a oil type car. Several years ago the producer start to make electric car on the old model. It’s shell, outline is not changed.
It has a new model this year, Its mileage is improved to 260KM. So maybe we should buy it when the technology is mature. :slight_smile: 260KM is much better than 180KM.

1 Like

Well, a range of 260 km for an electric car is sufficient given the fact that most trips are way shorter so you can recharge daily just like you do with your smartphone. My GS has a range of about 300 km which is perfectly fine.

I use my bike more often and this really comes into its own when traffic is heavy. Moreover it requires physical exercise and therefore it’s good for your health, provided that you take a ride in areas where the air is not so polluted. Also, never be afraid of bad weather conditions. As a child I took my bike to ride to school every day wheather it rained, snowed or not. You nearly always find a shelter in case of a rain shower. It’s very relaxing too.

Masme: smiley

1 Like