What is this in English? (Ampeltrittbrett)

Scandinavian cities like Copenhagen are very bicycle-friendly. Part of their bicycle infrastructure are special railings for cyclists. Those railings allows cyclists to easily stop and go at traffic lights without having to put their feet too far down to the ground. Now the German city of Münster has installed its first bicycle traffic lights railing too. The Germans call it Ampeltrittbrett (traffic light step board)

@Andrea, @Alan, @Anglophile what would you call these railings in English? Many thanks. ampeltrittbrett

2 Likes

Wow, this is great news :+1: I’ve never seen this before but it’s very convenient for cyclists. :smile: I’ve had a look and perhaps they are called ‘Bike leaning rails’. :smile:

2 Likes

Since I haven’t seen it in my country, I cannot think of anything other than cycle/cyclist railings.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for this, Andrea. By the way, I find this page of yours quite fitting :wink: Your new tests will including the blockchain one will go online by the end of the weekend so please watch this space :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks, Torsten. :wink: I think it definitely is fitting where you are :blush: This song comes to mind - ‘It’s Beginning To Look A lot Like Christmas’. Michael Bublé It's Beginning To Look A lot Like Christmas - YouTube
I miss Christmas time in the UK. Summer Christmas here is strange :sunglasses:

2 Likes