What is the most important thing in your life?

What is the most important thing in our life? The answer to this question differs from individual to individual. To me, I have considered myself that my family is the most vital thing in my life.
To begin with, my family, as far as I am concerned, is the place that I grew up. My parents worked hard to raise my elder brother, my younger sister, and me. By their nourishment, I can become a good person and a hard-working student. As a result, even though, someday, I have to go abroad for studying or working, it is always the best place of my life.
Furthermore, there is no doubt in my mind that my family is the place where I feel happy. After finishing my last exam in every term, I often come back my home to visit my parents. At that time, I feel peaceful and blessing because I can meet them, because I can talk to them, or because I simply eat the delicious food cooked by my mother. These make me feel happier.
All in all, I place an emphasis on my family, the most important thing, for some reasons due to where I feel happy and where I grew up.

Please help me to correct it.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on American social history

This is just a mini writing test because I only have 15 minutes to finish it, so please help me to correct it. Thanks a lot.