What is the main cause of COVID-19?

“We are pushing nature to its limit. We are pushing population to its limit. We’re pushing communities to their limits. We’re stressing the environment. We are creating the conditions in which epidemics flourish. We’re forcing and pushing people to migrate away from their homes.”

https://twitter.com/TorstenDaerr/status/1363542874634260485

3 Likes

Hello, Torsten.
I think that the main cause (I wanted to write the main course​:blush:) of COVID is hunger, explicitly, as a problem of feeding (it is dangerous to eat everything- :bat:) and hunger for new impressions without limits, interfering with unknown processes of nature

3 Likes

Hi Tatiana, I agree with you, one of the reasons why COVID-19 emerged is indeed hunger and the reason for hunger is not that a shortage of food and resources. It’s the fact that the planet’s resources and the globally generated wealth is distributed unfairly and unequally. Jason Hickel nails it on the head with his latest article.

2 Likes

Hi, Tatiana. There is something in your words about hunger. Must be thorn in my side . I remember it took quite an effort from my wife to stop me from trying fried grasshoppers. Amazingly she had nothing against snake and crocodile. :grin:

3 Likes

Hi, Oleg, is the grasshopper is tastier then crocodile?:crocodile::cricket:

2 Likes

I don’t think so though I didn’t have a chance to compare. My wife said I would be forbidden to kiss her if I put any insect in my mouth :grin:

3 Likes

Oleg, I really wanted to ask your opinion. I am sorry that grasshoppers remain for you unfulfilled dream, as well as, for your wife snake and crocodile. There is the difference between cultural world of humans and wild world by resistance from temptations.

3 Likes

Well, actually about unfulfilled dream of grasshoppers you were a bit overdramatic :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you, Oleg, you really understand my English of beginner​:blush:. My mother replica is still problem for understanding: “if you want something very much and it is prohibited you can do it”. Right now I think it is criminal attitude (I am passionate of detective story), but she said it when I was limited on a complete diet caused by medical problems. So, is it ambiguous or conflict? Don’t know.:cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

Prohibited but strongly desired means permitted and done for the glory of God. I guess everyone practices this approach from time to time. Even Germans (hi, Torsten :wink:)

3 Likes

Oh, I am so tired of this pandemic. I don’t want to discuss its reasons, but I really want to end it.

2 Likes

Hi Bill, welcome to our forum. What would you like to discuss?

2 Likes

The main cause behind this pandemic is excess of everything whether it is population, grid, pushing the nature to its limit, crushing the environment. But I pray to end this soon.

2 Likes

Hi Jennifer, welcome to our forum and thanks for sharing your thoughts on the pandemic. I do agree with you when you say that we have been pushing nature to its limit on many levels. However, I’m not sure what you mean by ‘whether it is population’. Can you please elaborate?

1 Like

Just take example of India. The population density is so much that it is becoming very difficult to control over there. And not only in India there are many other countries fighting with the same.

2 Likes

I think you might want to take a look at this. Please do let me know what you think of it:

1 Like

If the fertility rate is decreasing gradually then how the population is increasing. It can’t be.

Please watch the video again starting at around 3:50.