What is the difference between a bank teller and a cashier?

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #127 [color=blue]“Real Life: Occupations (2)”, question 3

Josephine is a bank . She works in a bank and she is usually the first person customers see when they walk through the door. She helps people with deposits, withdrawals and other daily banking needs.

(a) teller
(b) cashier
(c) secretary
(d) dancer

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #127 [color=blue]“Real Life: Occupations (2)”, answer 3

Josephine is a bank teller. She works in a bank and she is usually the first person customers see when they walk through the door. She helps people with deposits, withdrawals and other daily banking needs.

Correct answer: (a) teller

Your answer was: [color=red]incorrect
Josephine is a bank cashier. She works in a bank and she is usually the first person customers see when they walk through the door. She helps people with deposits, withdrawals and other daily banking needs.
[size=200]_________________________[/size]

what is a teller?

Thank you so much!

Do you have a DICTIONARY, Estrella?

Hello I’m the French,

I made this mistake on this text, but in France we call that person a cashier like in the supermarket, because in France teller is too formal and rarely used, like your shall for future.

The teller in my dictionnary for French, is ok for the teller in the bank or for a man who receive the ball during a soccer party.

We employe the both in French, but is it possible to use cashier instead teller?

Thank for your reply.

Have a nice day.

Good comment, but as she is in America you would assume she had been in a bank once in her life.

Hello kitosdad,

I never go to America, but if I understand what do you mean, cashier isn’t possible on this situation, I mean in a bank.

Am I right ?

I have another question for you.

What is the best way among all exercises on this topic to increase my level?

I make a lot of exercises but, I feel like a child on the forest, I am lost.

Correct me if I made mistakes.

Thank for your fast reply.

The French. :?: :idea:

Thank you for the explanation!

I feel like a child in the forest

French, I’ve just posted a message in the Newcomers thread. Please read that. It’s the only advice that I can give … then come back and ask me again.

Kitos.

Hi Teachers
Are these statements correct:
A banker is any person who works in a bank. (including the bank manager/director and the bank clerks)
A bank teller/clerk is a bank employee who deals with the clientele.

Thanks
Ali

‘Bankers’ are bank executives only.

There are bank tellers and bank cashiers, how I elect an answer? the explanation is not clear. bank tellers mainly refers to automatic bank tellers.
Deserve we a better explanation?

A cashier is not the first person customers usually see when they walk through the door of a bank. A bank teller is not a machine, you confuse this term with an automatic teller machine (ATM).

TOEFL listening lectures: Which designer did not work at the Bauhaus?

thanks, now it is clear