What is philosophy?

Good day!
I have a sample of texts with my wrong answers I gave to unfortunattely. Could you be so kind to help me tell which word correctly should be applied into the empty spaces?

1 Like

Where did you get those exercises from and why are doing them?

21: back
22: definition
23: few
24: to
25: explore/examine
26: held

I mean, do you really think these exercises are useful for you?

1 Like

Thank you very much for you help. I do not think that these exercises are useful for English learning but there are the following reasons why I would find the answers. I am preparing for the exam for my English level determination. It will be Oxford placement test. My friends have faced with these texts on their attempts and nobody of us would not be able to find the answers. I am really worry about when I will have my attempt these text will come to me and I will be not able to find the answer. That is why it is very important for me. There is a lot of such kind of texts but for almost all of them I have found an answers by myself. Only 5 most difficult of them where I am really do not have any ideas and these 5 text I would report here.

Can you please tell me why you have decided to prepare for the ‘Oxford placement test’? What exactly do you expect from this test? Also, are you aware of the difference between a test and an exam?

Unfortunately this is not my choice. Our company chosen this way to determine the English level for it’s employee. For me it is not so important whether to call it test or exam. For me it is the same. In any case I should come, answer the questions and after that teacher report me a result.
I would apply for the C1 or C2 level. It is very difficult but I would try.

1 Like

What do you think your level is? I could give you an estimate if you like.

I think It is B1/B2. How can you estimate it?

1 Like

What do you think to the following way to answer?
21 by
22 meaning
23 life
24 of
25 take
26 inside

For example for 21 you give the answer “back”. I have never heard the phrase “back thousands of years”. Maybe “by thousand years” is more applicable?

1 Like

The correct phrase is ‘to trace something back’. This type of test is designed in such a way that there is no room for guessing and only word is correct.

1 Like

Ok. It’s clear for me now. Thank you.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I would say based on your answers. If you want to find our level you can take our free assessment test.