What does "pimsleur" mean?

hello,respected teacher
I check the the word pimsleur in my dictionary,but i can not get it.what on earth does it mean?
thank you

Hi Strongpeter,

Pimsleur is the surname of an American linguist. He researched how we learn languages and developed a unique system which is now called the Pimsleur Approach.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Sailing[YSaerTTEW443543]

I have read most of the posts on this page, and I would like to know what is unique about the Pimsler method. I get that it is audio and mobile. Thanks.

Tiia

Hi Tiia,

Welcome to our forum and sorry for my late response. There are a number of unique things about the Pimsleur method. First of all as you mentioned it’s an audio based program which is important since English is a ‘non-phonetic’ language. Secondly, Pimsleur is a very effective system of pattern drills that help you memorize and use new phrases very quickly. Through an intelligent sequence of repetitions and reviews your brain absorbs entire sentences and expressions pretty fast since it uses the learning potential of your subconscious mind. So instead of trying to force grammar rules into your head, Pimsleur enables you to absorb language in pleasant and organized way.

Let me know what you think.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Afternoon traffic report for the Northern US region[YSaerTTEW443543]