What do these people have in common?

Hi,

There are a number of things the following people have in common but I’m looking for something in particular:

Henry Ford
Charles M. Schwab
John Wanamaker
Woodrow Wilson
John D. Rockefeller
Thomas Edison
Alexander Graham Bell
Theodore Roosevelt
George Eastman
Elmer Gates
John D. Rockefeller
F.W. Woolworth
William Wrigley Jr. Junior

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Company executive is giving earnings report[YSaerTTEW443543]

They’re all men. 8)

I’d add that they also made the difference in the world

That’s right, Amy. They lived in a society that was dominated by men but beyond that there is something else they share.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Restaurant employee is promoting dinner specials[YSaerTTEW443543]

Some of them believed that the Anglo-Saxon race was genetically superior.

They’re all Yanks 8)

They have more than one profession; industrialist cum politician, scientist cum inventor etc.

Hi Alex,

You are getting closer to what I have in mind. I can give you another hint: In addition to the names I listed there were about 500 other people who shared the same thing.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Charity worker is asking for donations in kind through a phone call[YSaerTTEW443543]

they all have trophies or awards named after them – that’s my guess.

They want to make change what there was.

The answer is: They were all interviewed studied by Napoleon Hill.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: An outdoor gathering[YSaerTTEW443543]

So?

Hi Torsten…

We all knew that [color=blue]‘‘Napoleon Hill (October 25, 1883–November 8, 1970) was an American author who was one of the earliest producers of the modern genre of personal-success literature. His most famous work, Think and Grow Rich, is one of the best-selling books of all time.’’

May we ask you what message you want to convey our readers by this particular post…

Hope you have a deep and meaningful purpose for your answer…

Hi Sahid,

What is a ‘deep and meaningful purpose’? As for my ‘message’, I just find it amazing that Napoleon Hill was able to meet and interview so many influential and successful people.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Working in the garden[YSaerTTEW443543]