"We've been to this hardware store so often and spent so much money here during our home renovation that I'm surprised they don't roll out the red ..... when they see us coming," Chris joked to Linda

"We've been to this hardware store so often and spent so much money here during our home renovation that I'm surprised they don't roll out the red ..... when they see us coming," Chris joked to Linda. (*) blanket (*) carpet (*) wagon (*) letter

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://english.best/questions/16054,weve-been-to-this-hardware-store-so-often-and-spent-so-much-money-here-during-our-home-renovation-that-im-surprised-they-dont-roll-out-the-red-___-when-they-see-us-coming-chris-joked-to-linda/
2 Likes

…that I’m surprised they don’t roll out the red carpet…

• to roll out the red carpet means to unroll a large red rug for someone important or distinguished to walk on.
  • blanket: a flat woollen cover usually used on a bed.
  • wagon: a vehicle with four wheels pulled by horses or oxen. Especially used in the past for transporting heavy goods.
  • letter:a written message from one person to another, usually put in an envelope and sent by post.

Source: The Cambridge Dictionary

1 Like