Weihnachtsgrüße

1 Like

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 Like

Merry Christmas to you too. Come to think of it, what exactly does Christmas mean to you?

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university students (2)

“What could it mean” “will it mean” “what does it mean” or “what did it mean”

What exactly do you mean Torsten?

To me it should mean - “It’s the time not to be mean” (well you know what I meant).

hmmm actually enjoyed beating that to death :slight_smile:

You still don’t distinguish between “it’s” and “its”. That’s just lame.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the Louisiade Archipelago host more bird species than the Hawaiian Islands?[YSaerTTEW443543]

For me, Christmas means first of all that Jesus was born, but there’s this whole Christmas time which is all about kindness, hope, joy and happiness. A time to give and receive. A time for families and friends to get together by a Christmas tree or by a cup of hot tea, whatever, just get together and enjoy it.
Christmas is all these to me now, but if you asked me what it meant to me in the past, I would say that when I was small and the Christmas Tree was tall (to quote from a song I like), Christmas was very much related to Santa Claus who used to come home on Christmas Eve to give me something; his name was in my language“Mos Craciun”(meaning Christmas Old Man); in my early school-years his name was changed in “Mos Gerila” (a bad translation would be Freezing Old Man) who came each year at school before the Winter holiday, by the Winter Tree, to give us presents in exchange for our poetries and winter songs. But we celebrated always the real Christmas in family and we knew its real meaning.

Coincidentally Mons I was trying to make a list of to do’s

ThenI was gonna ask do the Spanish celebrate Christmas much?

Then I got “Navidad” which is a pretty cool word.

Contento Navidad todos

Perfect :slight_smile:

Cool word, right, so…

Feliz Navidad a todos!

Well yeah Mons? I thought of that first but generally thought that

Contento Navidad just sounded better?

Is it wrong for some reason?

If it is please adjust my embarrasment and esteem accordingly.

My Esteem is quite seasonally over inflated as and badly needs preened to a more

modest degree :slight_smile:

I wish I knew but I just don’t like this “Contento Navidad”. You can use “contento” in another context, for example “Soy contento de ver te” (It might be wrong, I haven’t learnt the verb “ver” yet).
If you want to see where I am at Spanish, I will show you, James-the- Irish-Lurker, and then you’ll see that I took it very much seriously. In the summer, when I spend my holiday in Spain, I will speak much Spanish!

What else did you say?

One question: only seasonally?
:slight_smile:
On the other hand, I can’t ignore that your phrase is so colorfully built, if I can say so. (just hope this will not inflate your Esteem more than it is)
:-))
Alan said there are many ways to say something and yes, he’s right. Yours is coloured and very suggestive today. Sometimes I admire the way you write. Seriously!
No kidding!

Oh how can you be so heartless :frowning: sob sob!!

Alan said, Alan said ??? whats it gotta a do with Allan???

Last time Alan was in here he just said “Autumnal” and then disappeared?

and that’s about 3 Autumns ago so what’r ye giving it “Alan said” for?? like as if he’s in

the next room getting his toe nails cut??

You might get him sniffing around if Bees was sticking her head round the door?

but I haven’t been insulting the Welsh for a while so we haven’t really seen much of Beees either come to think of it.

:slight_smile: “Am I being too harsh do ya think Mons”?

“Should I chill out a bit do ya think”?

So I like the way you build me up and then take me down like an emotional big dipper

Ya’ve already chilled out, haven’t ya? :slight_smile:

But me, Heartless? can you say that?
Why don’t you just say that you miss Alan’s posts, which is obvious to me!
Why did you go round and round around the subject, making stories with toes and nails and people sniffing and sticking in an autumnal 3-years-old-scenery?

If I didn’t know you are a builder, I would say you are a writer, which you might really be, if I think deeper about your dipper, because you said it beautifully again: ”emotional big dipper”. So what about it? Luckily there is this internet where I found this:
teacherweb.com/in/northweste … osophy.pdf
Do ya think there’s a liaison? With me? Donch know, I have to think.
If not this year, maybe the next one, which luckily is number nine. Don’t ask me why luckily. I’m just optimistic. Did,'t have time to read.

But I really love your beautiful phrase which I have to recall:

Just beautiful!
:slight_smile:

Hi Irish,

I’m still here, I think but every time I log on, usually I see that the questions have been beeskneed already or there’s a steady stream of Welsh vituperation. Nice to be remembered. though. Happy New year

Nice try, no cigar.

Hi Allan hope you had a great Christmas.

I was also wondering what your initial thoughts were on that Newspaper Article about how Woman talk 3 times as much as Men(according to a survey)
dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic … study.html

I was quite surprised at that report and I would have thought it would have been 10 times or more as men?

Oh and Allan I mean’t to ask you… Do you think you could beat Beesneees in a fight?

To the death of course :slight_smile:

Must say she sounds quite aggressive sometimes? But Using the old “Yes means No” logic its probably therefore a sign of affection?

For one awful moment when I read this

twice, I thought that Amy was back. And then I began to think that maybe the shocking pink lady is after all just a reincarnation of her. No doubt they’ll both be flattered now!

Well done for dragging another thread to its knees then.

Well, at least my comments do have a touch of originality about them. You and your ‘no surprises there’ or LOL and now ‘nice try …’ do tend towards the banal, don’t you think.

There’s nothing original about your comments. Same old pathetic snipes.

Ah well.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.