Website problems

Hi, the forum pages have been particularly slow and flaky for me just recently. Are there any known problems?

Hi Dozy, what do you mean by ‘flaky’? Can you be please a bit more specific? Did you get any error messages and if so, which? Any piece of information helps checking into this. Many thanks, Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the lecturer mention Charles Darwin?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten, by “slow” I mean there is a long delay but the page eventually displays. By “flaky” I mean that the page never displays (either hangs forever, or until I give up, or comes up with an error). One error that I have seen a few times is “Bad Gateway”. I am not exactly sure which component generates that one. A couple of other times (not very commonly) I have seen a message obviously generated by the website (as it had the same kind of formatting). One was very long with lots of numbers or codes. I couldn’t possibly remember what it said, but I will note down any future ones. The main problem is that the site is often just so slow. I do not notice this with other websites or Internet activities, so I assume it is not a problem at my end.

Same here,
There are times when it’s so painfully slow it either times out or hangs forever and i just close the browser.

This site is not so fast as other.
I think it has many activities to develop and it has to process and check our activities.
That´s fine, we rest before we get our score. No matter how, but we can not bribe the system.

Hi everyone, can you please tell me how often you have experienced these problems? I mean, we do receive quite a number of new forum posts every day. If the site and especially didn’t load at least within a few seconds every time, people would simply leave it and never come back. So the more information we have from you, the better I can work with our IT people on improving the situation. Many thanks, Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor mention New York Harbor?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Sometimes it just takes the browser forever to load a page. If i wait long enough, the browser says that a gateway error has occured or something to that effect (I’ll upload a sreen shot next time it happens). Then after a few minutes the problem goes away on its own.
It doesn’t happen often, but I’ve encountered it several times.

As promised, here’s an error that I got today:

[photo]1457[/photo]

I got (yesterday I think) the same error as OTS above, which was instant and repeatable (until it was fixed or corrected itself some time later). Today I got, after a long delay:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Today I have also had the usual intermittent very slow page loads.

Still having regular problems with long delays and failures. Several times I have had:

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/1.1.5

A couple of times I have had errors about failure to connect to database, or fatal database errors – sorry, did not note full text.

Today I had a couple of these:

message_die() was called multiple times. This isn’t supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?

And I just got this chilling error:

Error doing DB query userdata row fetch

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1317 Query execution was interrupted

SELECT u., s. FROM phpbb_sessions s, phpbb_users u WHERE s.session_id = ‘fa7c520f0dc053c345312e75cd5084b8’ AND u.user_id = s.session_user_id

Line : 254
File : /home/english/public_html/forum/includes/sessions.php

… and, just after submitting my recent post, I got this one:

Could not obtain lastvisit data from user table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1317 Query execution was interrupted

SELECT * FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_id = 232244

Line : 68

Hi everyone, we are aware of this problem and are working on this.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Giving directions to the art museum[YSaerTTEW443543]

In case it is of any help, here are some more messages I have been getting recently:

Could not connect to the database

502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.1.5

504 Gateway Time-out
nginx/1.1.5

Same here, Dozy

HI Torsten, I wonder if you’ve noticed that there’s an awful lot of spam posts lately? :wink:

Hi T. J., yes I did notice that and we are working on reducing it. Many thanks for keeping your eyes open.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: A customer orders a meal at a fast food counter[YSaerTTEW443543]

The forum pages have been very slow again today … pretty much unusable at times. In case it helps, I had one new message a few times today (on other occasions the page eventually loaded, I got one of the “gateway” error messages reported earlier, or I just gave up waiting):

Error clearing sessions table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1205 Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

DELETE FROM phpbb_sessions WHERE session_time < 1363110570 AND session_id <> ‘3e03d353cffaf4984c887006f8a2e23b’

Line : 309

Thanks for this, Dozy, we are working on it.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Employee asks co-worker for his suggestions on booking conference venue.[YSaerTTEW443543]

Here is a new one for me: