We are going to introduce a UBI for EU citizens

Within the next few years we are going to achieve a universal basic income for any person living in the European Union because it’s the only solution for the ever widening gap between a handful of super rich billionaires and people struggling to make ends meet.

Support UBI for EU citizens now!

#ubi #humanity_first

2 Likes

Hi Torsten,

You have the most wonderful expectations for which I admire you, but I am convinced that the gap between rich and poor will keep widening as long as the human race exists.

3 Likes

You are for reality while Torsten is for optimism. Since we have to strike a balance between the two, I’d say I am for transformation that’s likely!

3 Likes

Hi Anglophile,

Yes, I am and regrettably I can’t share the optimism as far as a transformation is concerned. I’ll explain why. If it had been likely, it would already have happened a long time ago. I would like to see a transformation, but I think it’s unlikely. However, I’ll give society the benefit of the doubt.

3 Likes

Now it seems that you have become pessimistic!
(I won’t say ‘Be positive’ which we are firbidden to use now!) :thinking:

3 Likes

Of course, not, you have to say ‘think positively’ or something. However, don’t I have the right to be a little pessimistic? Just like you and Torsten, I would like to have a better world, the one that Torsten suggests, but I don’t see it happen, not even with COVID-19. You should know how many people over here break the rules and do whatever pleases them best, very well being aware of the risk they run of contracting the virus.

#ubi #humanity_first

2 Likes