Wanted: Feedback on TOEIC Listening Exercises

Hello Torsten Daerr,

I listened to the audio again the day before yesterday and today and found the discrepancy remained unchanged. I am sorry to say that I do not know which sentence is more appropriate—the one (When you get a chance, could you please check it and then call me and leave a good number for him?) that was recorded by the audio or the one (When you get a chance, could you please check it, then call me and leave a good number for him?) that was shown by the transcript

If I were you, I would consult the experts, especially the grammarians.

Thank you.

Happy New Year!

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.

I’ve added ‘and’ at any rate. Many thanks, Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Announcing the closure of a newspaper[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten, I see more or less what this course is about. Some student can write very well, so it’s a great thing for all of us or I should say, for me. Some expressions that I read I frankly don’t used them, but it’s good to have a long vocabulary, and express ourselves in a way that it makes me feel much better. For example (sorry about my spelling) I read some one who said. Yes indeed, this is very British English expression that not to many American used, but it sound beautiful. So this course could be good for me, just reading. To bad that my speaker it’s not working properly, so I can’t hear, but reading it help a lot. Have a nice day! Rosario

Hello,

There is a discrepancy between the audio and the listening transcript of TOEIC listening part II, set 16, exercise 1. According to the audio, the recorded question is “How is your new project coming along?”, but the listening transcript shows that a word has been omitted—“How is your project coming along?”. Could you please verify this matter?

Here is an excerpt from the listening transcript of
TOEIC listening part II, set 16, exercise 1:

2). How is your project coming along?
It came yesterday.
Fine thanks, and you?
I’m struggling with it. – CORRECT

english-test.net/toeic/liste … _like.html

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.

Hi Bhikkhu,

Thanks a lot for pointing this out. I’ve inserted the word ‘new’.

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A man reading the paper[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello,

On October 1, 2010, Mr Francis reported a mistake in the third question of the listening transcript of TOEIC listening part II, set 18, exercise 3 (english-test.net/toeic/liste … eport.html). Since then, the mistake has remained uncorrected. Could you please verify this matter?

Here is his feedback:

1. #636 (permalink) Fri Oct 01, 2010 13:43 pm Wanted: Feedback on TOEIC Listening Exercises

Hello everyone,

The third question of this exercise contains a mistake: “Didn’t you say you had to go the airport?” but the correct form is “Didn’t you say you had to go TO the airport?”.

Bye bye
Mr Francis
You can meet me atenglish-test.net

1. #637 (permalink) Fri Oct 01, 2010 13:45 pm Wanted: Feedback on TOEIC Listening Exercises

I apologise, I forgot the link:

english-test.net/toeic/liste … eport.html

Mr Francis

You can meet me at english-test.net

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.

Dear Sir,

Listening Part I, Exercise No.120. The Toll Gate.

In the text, The cars seem to be driving very fast.

or

The Cars seems to be driving fast.

Which one is correct? please let me know sir.

Thank you

S.Shanthi

Thanks for pointing this out. I’ve inserted ‘to’. Best regards, Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Almost at the top[YSaerTTEW443543]

These are correct:
The cars seem to be driving very fast.
The car seems to be driving very fast.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Taking a corner fast[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dear Sir,

Thank you Sir, you clarified my doubt.

S.Shanthi

Hello,

The destination of this TOEIC listening exercise differs between the title and the Listening Comprehension Transcript. In the transcript, the customer is booking a flight to Seoul, but the title of this exercise says he books a flight to Tokyo. Could you please verify this matter?

Here are the excerpts from the TOEIC Listening exercise:

1. TOEIC listening: A customer books a flight to Tokyo.
  2. Listening Comprehension Transcript
    — Yes, I need a round-trip, first-class ticket to Seoul, leaving on the 13th and returning on the 20th.
    — Yes sir. Let’s see… we have two flights on the 13th. The first is non-stop…

TOEIC listening part III, set 1, exercise 9

english-test.net/toeic/liste … tokyo.html

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.

Hello,

A word differs between the audio and the transcript of TOEIC listening part III, set 2, exercise 10. I heard the speaker (from the audio) pronouncing Mrs. Simmons rather than Ms. Simmons, which is shown in the transcript. Could you please ascertain this difference?

Here is an excerpt from the listening transcript:

Listening Comprehension Transcript
— Hello, my name is Sarah Simmons, and I’d like to cancel my cable-TV service please.
— Certainly, Ms. Simmons. Could I ask the reason why you’re canceling?
— It’s just too expensive right now, and there are so many channels that we…

TOEIC listening part III, set 2, exercise 10
english-test.net/toeic/liste … ption.html

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.

Hi Bhikkhu, thanks for pointing these out. I’ll correct these errors soon. Right now we are facing a slight problem with our database. Regards, Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: The cycle lane[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello,

I think the date of the direct flight is amiss in the last paragraph of this TOEIC listening part III, set 4, exercise1. Actually, the customer prefers a direct flight, leaving on the 18th from San Francisco and returning on the 29th from Beijing. He also likes to depart in the morning on both days, the 18th and the 29th. However, according to the conversation in both the transcript and the audio, the travel agent could book the direct flight and return flight in the same morning on the same day, the 29th.

From my point of view, the travel agent should book the direct flight that leaves San Francisco in the morning on the 18th and the return flight that departs from Beijing in the morning on the 29th.

Could you please verify the date of the direct flight mentioned by the travel agent?

Here is an excerpt from the transcript:

Yes, I need to book a round-trip, business-class ticket from San Francisco to Beijing, leaving on the 18th and returning on the 29th.— OK. One minute please. I can book you on Worldwide Airways, leaving at 9 a.m. the 18th, with a two-hour layover in Seoul, and returning at 2 p.m. the 29th, with a one-hour layover in Tokyo.
— I’d prefer a direct flight. Also, I’d like to depart in the morning both days, if at all possible.
— Let me see. I could book a direct flight at 7 a.m. the 29th on Asia Air, and the return flight from Beijing would be late morning – 11 a.m. – on the 29th. Would that be all right?

TOEIC listening part III, set 4, exercise 1
english-test.net/toeic/liste … gency.html

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.

Hello,

A semi-colon is inappropriately inserted into a sentence of this TOEIC listening part III, set 5, exercise 7. Instead of a semi-colon, a comma is suitable for the sentence–I checked; and the printer’s plugged in. Could you please verify this matter?

Here is an excerpt from the listening transcript:

— Jordan, I can’t get this new printer to work. Do you have a minute?
— Sure, Mandy. What’s the matter?
— I pressed the print button on the computer, but nothing happens. I checked; and the printer’s plugged in. Can you check…

TOEIC listening part III, set 5, exercise 7
english-test.net/toeic/liste … _work.html

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.

I’ve made the change. Many thanks, Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a university student and an employee in the student services center[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi,

actually in the record they say “… six wheels” even though it has written “… SEVEN wheels”. I think there is a mistake (I see six wheels).

Thanks for your attention. Greetings

english-test.net/toeic/liste … _shop.html

Yes, that was discussed here:
the pushchair has six wheels

It appears that the update has not been applied, or that there is a technical problem with the update.

Hello,

There is a mistake in the title of this TOEIC listening part III, set 9, exercise 1. Only one visitor is asking for directions, so the correct word is a singular noun “visitor” rather than a plural one “visitors”. Could you please verify this difference?

Here are the title and an excerpt from the listening transcript:

1. TOEIC listening: A visitors asks for directions to an office.

2. Listening Comprehension Transcript
    — Excuse me. I’m looking for Ken Anderson’s office. I have a 3 o’clock appointment.
    — Sure. Go up the stairs and turn right. Take a left at the second…

TOEIC listening part III, set 9, exercise 1A visitor asks for directions to an office | english.best

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.

Hi,

The second option is: “The woman’s arms are at her side”. Well, why the sentence is not “The woman’s arms are at her sideS”?

Is that a typo, by any chance? Thanks a lot in advance. Greetings

english-test.net/toeic/liste … _shop.html