Verb: to adore, to floor

To adore = to love or what?

What does to floor mean in the following context?

…because I adore you, I want to floor you.

Does it mean to put someone on the floor or what?

Could anyone help me out, please?

To adore is right. To floor means what you say, but may be used figuratively depending on context. It could mean:
-To defeat
-To confuse

Hi, Cerberus,

Could it mean, judging by the context, ‘to copulate’? I mean, how can you possibly adore a foe?

Thanks

I can think of a situation.
You love somebody/someone. You don’t want him/her/them to go far away from you, in both aspects of mind and body. So you don’t let him/her/them to go.

Please correct my mistakes in this passage.

Hi SkiIuck, to copulate is not something that is commonly expressed by “to floor” itself, as far as I know. But I guess you could floor someone with the purpose of facilitating copulation. There should be a reason, then, why copulating were easier on the floor than, say, on a piece of furniture, or while standing.

I looked up the poem that this line is from on the internet. Poetic language may break all common rules. I would take this fragment as a metaphor in the game of love, as compared to wrestling. When you floor someone, you win. Moreover, he/she must do your bidding. So that the author is here talking about winning his beloved’s love. I think Arun meant something similar.

Arun, “somebody” and “someone” are both correct; I found no mistakes except that “in both aspects of mind and body” would be better as “both in mind and in body”.

Thanks Cereberus,
Yeah. I meant what you explained.