Use of comma (I spoke to X. He informed me that upon speaking to the FSA they...)

Dear X,

I spoke to X. He informed me that upon speaking to the FSA they should be able to give you the password immediately.

There is no mechanism for non-electronic submission.

Can i get some advise regarding the above message. Should there be a comma after i spoke to X. Does the email sound professional, any suggestions for improvement?

No comma alone; keep the full stop or use “I spoke to X, and he informed me…”.

There is a problem with reference. I suggest:

I spoke to X. He spoke to the FSA and informed me that they should be able to give you the password immediately.

Dear M,

Thanks for your reply.

Let me explain the scenario. I had to write to a person saying that i spoke to my senior who advised me that after you (client) speak to the FSA the client ought to receive the password immediately. My superior was not the one who spoke to the FSA.

In that case would my referencing be correct or there should be a better way to write what I want to convey. I hope I have clarified my self.

Hi Englishlearner25

How about this:

• I spoke to X. He informed me that when you speak to the FSA they should be able to give you the password immediately.

Or this:

• I spoke to X. He informed me that the FSA should be able to give you the password immediately when you speak to them.

Hello Alan, I really like to write in English but my problem is punctuation i’m interested in learning on this specific topic, could you give me tips or any particular pages to read about this?. Thanks in advance. Silvina.

Hi Silivina,

A while ago Alan answered a similar question on punctuation here. Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: A customer is getting put through to his accountant.[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Silvina

You might also find this site useful. It provides some guidelines for comma usage:
grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/commas.htm

Hello Amy, thanks for sending me this page it looks like i’m looking for. Regards. Silvina.

Hello Torsten,
At the moment I’m reading about comma usage with conjunction and other transitional expression (such as however, as a result, unfortunately, etc.), but it is confusing because I have two different rules, here are the examples: 1) Antohny, however, did arrive. 2) My grandmother has stayed up late four nights in a row; as a result, she can not seem to get well. Which one is the correct, since the first one requires two commas, and the second one needs semi-colon + comma. Thanks for your support.
Regards,Silvina.

Both are correct. In the first, there are no parts of that sentence that can stand alone. In the second, you can make two sentences by replacing the ; with a .