Urgent! New essay needs to be well cared

Please rate and comment for me this essay.
I greatly appreciate your kindness :slight_smile:

Topic:
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Response:

Honesty is very necessary to maintain any relationship such as friendship, partnership and so on. Therefore, some people think that always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship. However, I think, for several reasons, this is definitely not the best way when dealing with people.

To begin with, it is not necessary to expose his or her defect directly. Some people argue that telling the truth about the shortcomings of other people is a good option to help them improve themselves. In fact, this way will make them hurt and sometimes they will hate us because of our truthful comments. On the other hand, we can tolerate their errors and show them how to correct their defects instead of criticizing their faults. Therefore, they will try to improve themselves as soon as possible to show that they feel thankful because of our help. That is the best way to maintain any relationship instead of telling the ugly truth and then ruining our relationship.

Secondly, it is totally not a good idea when we try to tell people the truth which makes them discourage or depress. For example, my best friend got a horrible accident ten years ago. After a long operation, the doctor said that he was still alive but cannot walk again. All of us were shocked and totally desperate. After thinking carefully, instead of telling the truth, his mother decided to tell him that he still had chance to walk again if he tried his best to practice day by day. After practicing in two years, my best friend miraculously kept balance by himself and then walked again. This happiness will never happen if his mother told him the truth on this day.

All in all, I strongly agree that telling the lie sometimes is a best option. It not only makes people love us as well as improve themselves but also a miraculous cure which helps my friend overcome his terrible situation. If we want to maintain our relationship as well as bring the best things to our beloved, we should know how to lie in certain occasions.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor in the College of Fine Arts

Hi Dung,
Your essay is pretty good! Kudos to you, a new member of our forum. My checking as follows. Hope this helps!

Honesty is very necessary to maintain any relationship such as friendship, partnership and so on. Therefore, some people think that always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship. However, I think, for several reasons, this is definitely not the best way when dealing with people.

To begin with, it is not necessary to expose his or her defect directly. Some people argue that telling the truth about the shortcomings of other people is a good option to help them improve themselves. In fact, this way will make them hurt and sometimes they will hate us because of our truthful comments. On the other hand, we can tolerate their errors and show them how to correct their defects instead of criticizing their faults. Therefore, they will try to improve themselves as soon as possible to show that they feel thankful because of our help. That is the best way to maintain any relationship instead of telling the ugly truth and then ruining our RELATIONSHIPS.

Secondly, it is totally not a good idea when we try to tell people the truth which makes them BECOME DISCOURAGED OR DEPRESSED. For example, my best friend, HIEP, got a horrible accident ten years ago. After a long operation, the doctor said that he was still alive but cannot walk again. All of us were shocked and totally desperate. After thinking carefully, instead of telling the truth, his mother decided to tell him that he still had chance to walk again if he tried his best to practice day by day. THANKFULLY/FORTUNATELY, after practicing HARD WITH THE HOPE OF RECOVERING SOMEDAY DURING two years, my best friend COULD miraculously KEEP balance by himself and then WALK again. This happiness will never happen if his mother told him the truth on this day.

All in all, I strongly agree that telling the LIGHT AND PRUDENT lie sometimes is a best option. It not only makes people love us as well as improve themselves but also a miraculous cure which helps my friend overcome his terrible situation. If we want to maintain our relationship as well as bring the best things to our beloved, we should know how to lie in certain occasions.

Thanks a million for your helpful comments :slight_smile: