URGENT HELP! Such a fabulous success prompted me to appreciate.......:P

1. Thanks to the magnetic attraction of the Irish traditional culture, we raised funds beyond our expectations. Such a fabulous success prompted me to appreciate that original ideas are the building blocks of success.

Is the underlined part grammatically correct? How about the entire sentences?

=========
2. Bathed in the gleam of sunset, the decayed tree stumps appeared as if engulfed by flames. Such a desolate scene relentlessly polluted/shattered my mental image of a previously lush and verdant landscape.

Which one is better? polluted or shattered?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

1 is acceptable, though I would try to avoid the double use of success within the sentence. Possibly the first 'success ’ could be replaced with ‘result’.

You are the writer, so the choice between polluted and shattered is yours.

Oh, thank you so much! I haven’t noticed the double “success” in the sentence… :open_mouth:

How about the following sentence?

Because of their status at the bottom of social hierarchy and in a remote village, these mushroom farmers had not gained a fair share of the fruits of the nation’s recent rapid economic development.

Would you please proofread the sentence for me? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Its okay, though I would say ‘the social hierarchy’. Like the rest of your work it’s a bit wordy. Your sentences are quite complicated, but I know that the exam boards in some countries like to see this sort of writing.