understanding the most important characteristics of a society

To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Does the major cities population reflect the main characteristics of a society? The people living in major cities have dissimilar opportunities and, consequently, different behavior that those living in minor cities. Therefore, studing the major cities, one might understand the society from that local.

An important characteristc of a society is its education level. Major cities tend to have more graduated people, because in those places there are more universities. On other hand, in small cities, there is less opportunities to people attend classes in a college or universities. In this case, most of the time, the people in this minor cities have to move to another city. But why the education level is an important feature of a society? It is because this reflects the kind of jobs the people will get. It means, in major cities, the people tends to work as professors, lawyers, doctors and so on.
Conversely, in minor cities, the people tends to work in industries or shopping assistants. Surely, it is not the only jobs, but is a tendency it occurs.

In addition, the life style in major and minor cities is different. In general, the people living in big cities are more stressed than those living in small cities, because of busy lifestyle in major cities. Usually, in big cities, the people spend more time to get home after work or school, due the hustle and bustle of the city. Thus, they are likely to have less spare time. Conversely, in minor cities, people have more time to spend with entertainment activities.

In conclusion, based on my previous arguments, the major cities does not reflect the characteristics of a society. The one that study its major cities will understand the characteristics from that society. In order to understand society as a whole, it is necessary study major and minor cities.

Hi Nayara, I thought your writing was pretty good in this one, but it did not seem very well organized. I don’t think your thesis statement is very clear and your body paragraphs seem to have too limited of a scope. There is really no overall theme to tie the whole thing together, so much of the essay sounds a little rambling and disjointed to me.