Training machines and earning money

In the age of AI and automation people are now training machines to become more and more intelligent. I’m not exactly sure why Appen has sent the me following job offer since I don’t exactly fall into the requested age group (at least as of yet :joy:) and I thought I would share this offer with you. Maybe you are interested in signing up with Appen to earn some additional cash out of your home office:

Greetings!

We are inviting you to participate to one of our newest projects that can help you generate more revenue. We are looking for native German speakers 65 years or older who would like to participate in this project. You can apply for this project if you are 65 or older and / or have friends / family members of that age. Please find below more details about this project.

Project Dian Elderly
For this task, you use our Appen Mobile Recorder (AMR) to record voice commands in German, as you would give a voice assistant (such as Siri or Alexa)

The data collected is used to train and further develop the algorithms of artificial intelligence that are used in speech recognition technologies.

A total of 561 pictures are to be taken within approx. 3-4 hours.

These can either be done all at once or in multiple sessions.

You also have the option to invite your family and friends who meet the requirements to the project. For more details, see the project instructions.

If you know someone who might be a good fit, click the “Qualify” button to begin the project qualification process. An external link will be sent to you to enter the information of your family members or friends who are 65 years or older.

Please be reminded that this message doesn’t guarantee your acceptance to the project. Your profile will still be reviewed accordingly and will be forwarded to our active projects based on your given qualifications. ​

We look forward to receiving your application!

3 Likes