TPO 54 TOEFL independent

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Governments should spend more money in support of arts than in support of athletics such as state-sponsored Olympic teams. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

It goes without saying that art and sport are two indispensable parts of human beings’ life. In this regard, while many policymakers believe that it is vital and essential for governments should dedicate a considerable amount of budget to arts, others stand at the other side of the continuum, presuming that financial assistance should be allocated for athletic activities like Olympic teams. As far as I am concerned, I strongly agree with this statement that governments should give priority to art and spend more money on supporting arts and artistic works. I feel this way for two significant reasons, which I will explore in the subsequent paragraphs.

First of all, it is crystal clear that many artistic talents will flourish. To be more specific, there are a lot of creative and ingenious individuals in each society due to lack of financial support, they have to ignore their abilities in art. For instance, I had a friend who was really good at making leather bags. Even though she was an adept person, she could not be able to demonstrate her ability and produce gorgeous bags. Since she was from a poor family, she could not afford to purchase the materials she needed to create those bags. I talked about her situation with my father. Afterward, my father gave her the money to buy those items. It took a long year; she became a successful artist in leather bag markets. If the government supported her financially earlier, she would succeed in art as quickly as possible.

Secondly, the government can get a lot of revenue by paying more attention to the art areas. In other words, art makes an opportunity for governments to make profits in the long run. Undoubtedly, building museums and holding events like art exhibitions and galleries influence other industries in society like tourism. For instance, I went to Paris to visit the louver museum last year. It cost me a lot of money not just booking a ticket, I also paid for accommodation, transportation in the city, and buying souvenirs for my family. If that has not built that such a museum, it would not have brought money into that society.

In conclusion, taking all the aforementioned reasons and examples into account I firmly hold the view that the government should invest money in art rather than sport. Art not only brings money into societies but also more talents will be discovered.

2 Likes

It’s time to introduce a UBI: Yang’s UBI Proposal | english.best

2 Likes