Topic: In some countries, shopping online is replacing shopping at store. Do you think it is a positive or negative development

Please give me some comments. Thanks a lot

In the modern world with cutting edge technology, there is a growing trend towards doing shop on the internet in lieu of going to stores. I personally believe that this tendency has both positive and negative effects, Which will be discussed below.

On the one hand, shopping online is of tremendous benefit due to two main reasons. The first reason is that it is a quicker and cheaper way to shop since individuals can make a purchase at home without having to go to stores or shopping malls. For example, Amazon and eBay are two popular websites that provide a myriad of products which allows customers to choose and buy in the easiest way. As a result, these people can save time and a great deal of traveling. In addition, with a wide range of choices that websites offer, buyers can compare different brands and products which might help them to choose items with high-quality and favorable price. For instance, individuals easily make a comparison between the shoes of Converse and Vans, while it is a challenging task to do this at physical stores.

On the other hand, there are two disadvantages of shopping online. Firstly, it is common knowledge that products sold online are often less reliable, and the product that people finally get delivered to their houses might have poorer quality than expected. As a result, it is likely a large waste of money if these individuals do not know how to choose products from prestigious suppliers on the Internet. Moreover, for types of products such as clothes or jewelry, it is better to purchase items at shops. In other words, if you go to shops, the likelihood of choosing clothes which fits your body is high.

In conclusion, I believe the fact that products can be bought on the Internet instead of physical shops is both beneficial and disadvantageous.

2 Likes