Topic 9: Thach Sanh story

Topic: Choose a popular Vietnamese myth or legend and talk about it. Why you think it is true or false?

There are a lot of folktales in Vietnam. My grandmother and my mother talked about them to me. Although all Vietnamese myths and legends are very interesting, I like Thach Sanh story the most. It is story of great significance for me.

The story focuses on talking about Thach Sanh’s life. One upon a time, there was an orphan who was Thach Sanh. Thach Sanh was a very poor person without house. He paid his living by speaking wood. However, he was very strong and intelligent. When he was 13 years old, a Buddha has taught martial art and enchantments. After that, he met Li Thong who was extremely greedy and cruel. Thach Sanh became Li Thong’s ally. Li Thong and his mother harmed Thach Sanh many times. Thach Sanh had to choose living or death many times because of their intrigues. He had to be at war with one python and one cruel eagle, even with soldiers. In this process to fight death, he saved dragon king’s son and princess’s life by things that he was be taught. Overcoming hard problems, finally he was vanquisher. Thach Sanh was requited suitably. He get married to princess and got many precious things from dragon king. Using a small pot that was unending, Thach Sanh vanquished 18 neighboring country’s soldiers who wanted to occupy his country. Finally, Thach Sanh became the king and was happy with his wife. God punished suitably and Li Thong became a door-beetle.

Thach Sanh story is a well-known story in Vietnam. Most children in Vietnam like it. There are many fabulous factors in this story. Its content is not true. For example: existing supernatural powers, python, cruel eagle and dragon king. Situations in this story were being imagined. Although it is not true, I really like it very much. Reading this story helps me understand a truth of the life that: “If you are a charitable person, you will get philanthropic and on the contrary if you are a wicked person, you will get wicked things”. It also helps me to realize value of the truth and know how I should behave with others in my life. That is why I always try to become a kind person.

Because of its unreal plots, Thach Sanh story is already very interesting. It is not good if people do not read this story. It not only helps us to relax but it also helps us to realize the true, the good and the beautiful.

TOEFL listening discussions: How long should the student’s essays be?

Topic: Choose a popular Vietnamese myth or legend and talk about it. Why you think it is true or false?

There are a lot of folktales in Vietnam. My grandmother and my mother talked about them to me. Although all Vietnamese myths and legends are very interesting, I like Thach Sanh story the most. It is story of great significance for me.

The story focuses on talking about Thach Sanh’s life. One upon a time, there was an orphan who was Thach Sanh. Thach Sanh was a very poor person without A house. He paid his living by speaking CHOPPING wood. However, he was very strong and intelligent. When he was 13 years old, a Buddha has HIM taught martial artS and enchantments. After that, he met Li Thong who was extremely greedy and cruel. Thach Sanh became Li Thong’s ally. Li Thong and his mother harmed Thach Sanh many times. Thach Sanh had to choose BETWEEN living or death many times because of their intrigues. He had to be at war with one python and one cruel eagle, even with soldiers. In this process THEY FOUGHT to THE death(.) He saved dragon king’s son and princess’s life by things that he HAD beEN taught.
Overcoming hard problems, finally he was THE vanquisher. Thach Sanh was requited suitably REWARDED. He BECAME married to THE princess and got many precious things from THE dragon king. Using a small pot that was unending, Thach Sanh vanquished 18 neighboring country’s soldiers who wanted to occupy his country. Finally, Thach Sanh became the king and was happy with his wife. God punished suitably and Li Thong became a door-beetle.

Thach Sanh story is a well-known story in Vietnam. Most children in Vietnam like it. There are many fabulous factors in this story. Its content is not true. For example: existing supernatural powers, python, cruel eagle and dragon king. Situations in this story were being imagined. Although it is not true, I really like it very much. Reading this story helps me understand a truth of the life that: “If you are a charitable person, you will get philanthropic and on the contrary if you are a wicked person, you will get wicked things”. It also helps me to realize THE value of the truth and know how I should behave with others in my life. That is why I always try to become a kind person.

Because of its unreal plots, Thach Sanh story is already very interesting. It is not good if people do not read this story. It not only helps us to relax, but it also helps us to realize the true, the good and the beautiful.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
An enchanting story Duonghuyen. Thank you for posting it.

Kitos. 7.5/10