Tomorrow is my test day! Need some advice for this essay. Thank you!

It seems like young people nowadays do not show enough respect to our teacher: we skip classes, challenge our teachers and so on. But actually, the reality is that we still respect our teachers. We just show it through different ways, not simply act it out.

You may randomly see a student challenging their professor in a lecture and jump to the conclusion that the student is acting rudely. However, in the status quo, students are allowed to ask professors any question they want. It is a change of teaching method, which resulted from the educational revolution. Professors are willing to take any advice from their students at anytime. They are more open-minded and believe that it is a good way to improve their teaching performance. Moreover, they also believe frequent interaction is a good way to encourage students to be more concentrated and able to think critically.

Also, students now are tired of being receptacles of pre-digested knowledge. We have lots of ways to gain knowledge, which enables us to be more creative and think independently. So we become skeptical to everything professors are saying. For example, once I had a lesson about the latest medicine used to cure cancer. I happened to read about one report concern on this topic online the day before the lecture. And the report showed the latest invention just publicized a few days ago. However, the professor didn’t read that article and delivered outdated data in that realm. And absolutely, I raised my hand and challenged him. He was pleased to admit his carelessness, and also praised me for my courage. Surprisingly, I received the friend request from that professor on facebook that night. It is not that we don’t respect our professors anymore but that we have a closer relationship with our professors. And they sometimes treat us like friend.

On the other side, we do not misesteem our professors because our relationship gets closer. On the contrary, we respect our professors even more than students used to. On Teacher’s Day, we often send gift card and flowers to our teachers. We sometimes help our professors with some projects they are conducting. All these things are done naturally and from our bottom of heart.

But admittedly, some students act like they are not respectful enough to their professors and even make excuses to cover their misbehavior like skipping classes and so on. For instance, they may argue that they skip their classes because they have something more important to do, such as doing intern work or reading books which are more useful to themselves. But in my opinion, they can totally reschedule their timetable and show basic respect to teachers’ hard work. Fortunately, although these students are not respectful enough, they only account for a small percent of the whole community.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university students (1)

Hi Biibfif,
Can you share your experiences after the exam? especially I want to know how the speaking and writing sections are.
thanks in advance

I am on phone so can’t correct but with writing like this you should have no problem scoring a 28-30

Hi, reading is quite simple. But I didn’t do well in listening. I was kinda exausted at that time, so I missed lots of points. Speaking and writing are easy I suppose? But I know speaking needs a lot practice. Mine was not fluent enough. I think you have to sleep well before the test. Because I could not sleep last night because I was nervous about the test. And also take a break before listening, it helps to refresh your mind. Good Luck!

Hi, reading is quite simple. But I didn’t do well in listening. I was kinda exausted at that time, so I missed lots of points. Speaking and writing are easy I suppose? But I know speaking needs a lot practice. Mine was not fluent enough. I think you have to sleep well before the test. Because I could not sleep last night because I was nervous about the test. And also take a break before listening, it helps to refresh your mind. Good Luck!

Thank you very much bibiff. I have another question. I suppose that you took teh exam on saturday. so were there extra part in listening or reading=?

I hope you are going to get a good score…

Sorry Rec, Hope this is not too late. I had an extra listening test. So maybe that’s why I could not keep focus. If you are having an extra reading test, computer will show 80 minutes instead of the original 60 minutes. I think reading is way easier than TPO but listening is just as tough as TPO.