TOEIC or TOEFL?

i’m a new member here and i just want to know what is more useful for me…taking a toeic or a toefl course as i’m going to apply in a secondary school as a biology teacher
thnx
nina

Hi Nina,

Welcome to our forum and thanks for your question. If I understand you correctly you want to know which language certificate is better for you, TOEIC of TOEFL. Have you checked with your potential employer to find out it they have a preference? Since the TOEIC test is for professional people who want to assess their international communication skills, you might want to choose it over the TOEFL exam.

Let me know what you think.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: A person announces a raffle explaining the rules and prizes[YSaerTTEW443543]

It is my first time to this forum, just wanna know if there is any language certificate to be an ESL or ELT teacher …

Hi Sonnete,

Yes there are quite few certificates for ESL/ELT teachers such as CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching for Adults), CTEFLA (Certificate in the Teaching of English as a Foreign Language to Adults) and DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching for Adults).[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: How is the young woman financing her education?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello,
Need your help.please…waiting for your reply…
Which function do the following sentence express?
1 Could you send me a quote by fax?
2. Do you mind if i smoke?
3. I’m afraid he’s not in the office.
4. Would you like a coffee?

Thanks
Sonnete

Hey Torsten
Could you please explain me the meaning of the abbreviation (TOEIC)? I know the meaning of (TOEFL) but i don’t know even the difference between both of them? Thank you so much.

Nola

Hi Nola,
TOEIC: Test of English for International Communication

TOEIC is a test of English proficiency used as a standard for establishing workplace English writing skills and spoken English proficiency for nonnative.

while TOEFL: Test of English as a Foreign Language
TOEFL: most common requirement for university and college admissions

thanks

Many great thanks for your explanation. :slight_smile:

Hello,
Need your help.please…waiting for your reply…
Which function do the following sentence express?
1 Could you send me a quote by fax? - making a request
2. Do you mind if i smoke? - asking for permission
3. I’m afraid he’s not in the office. - basic response
4. Would you like a coffee? - making an offer

Thanks
Sonnete