TOEIC Full Tests Coming Soon!

Within the next week we will be releasing the first of our TOEIC Full Test products for sale in the English-Test.net Shop at shop.english-test.net/toeic-prep-products

These are full-length TOEIC tests with 200 questions each using the same format as the actual TOEIC test. We have created 5 of these tests, and they will be available to purchase individually or as a bundle of all 5.

For anyone planning to take the TOEIC test these products are a must-have!

Hi Torsten,

I’d suggest making it clearer that your “full-length” TOEIC test products do not include all TOEIC tests. It appears that you have focused on the Listening and Reading TOEIC tests, but have not addressed the Speaking and Writing TOEIC tests at all. As you probably know, the reading and listening test can be taken together with the speaking and writing test. To me, the inclusion of all four TOEIC test types would be a prerequisite for calling something a “full-length TOEIC test”. If your products cover only half of the TOEIC tests, then I think that ought to be made clearer to your potential customers.

(I also hope there has been effective and appropriate editing done.)
:wink:
[color=darkblue]______________________________________________
[size=75]“How often misused words generate misleading thoughts.” ~ Herbert Spencer[/size]

Thanks for your feedback and suggestion. You make an interesting point about the different types of tests. However, by that logic not even ETS offers a full-length TOEIC test because after all they do not provide all 4 TOEIC test types in a single test. They provide 2 different tests, one for Listening/Reading and one for Speaking/Writing. What we are providing here is a full-length Listening/Reading test, it has 200 questions in the same 7-part format as the actual Listening/Reading TOEIC test. Do you really think someone would expect to download and take a Speaking/Writing test?

thank you

As a matter of fact I do. Of course, you would have to have the ability to do live scoring on this site. That means you would have to pay people to develop the questions and then also to do the scoring. The cost for the live scoring could be incorporated into the price you sell the practice test for – just as you pay the people who write and record the other tests.

ETS may still have the TOEIC Listening and Reading practice tests in a separate publication from the Speaking and Writing practice tests. Nevertheless, the two publications are clearly labeled as to what they cover. TOEFL, on the other hand, DOES include Speaking and Writing in the same practice book with everything else.

[color=darkblue]_____________________________________________________________________
[size=75]“The biggest disappointment has been seeing the number of people in this business with very shortsighted views.” ~ Greg Ginn[/size]

We’ll check with ETS what percentage of TOEIC sales are for the Speaking/Writing test. My understanding at this point without having the exact numbers, is it is under 10%. Thus creating a practice test with live scoring may not be worthwhile given the development costs. In any case the point of the current product is prepare the vast majority of the TOEIC test takers who are taking only the Listening/Reading test.

Yes, the vast majority of all TOEIC test candidates take the listening/reading test. The speaking/writing test is much more complex to create and to score and most cases employers require a common TOEIC test score rather than a speaking/writing score.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A horse back rider on the beach[YSaerTTEW443543]

Developing something for the Speaking/Writing test would be something to keep in mind, though. You’re right that fewer of those tests are currently administered, but that test is growing. And, of course, to demonstrate one’s overall ability in English, the active skills of writing and speaking need to be evaluated as well. What with so many call centers being outsourced overseas, for example, it is becoming ever more important to be able to speak understandably in English on the job – not just to be able to listen and read.

[color=darkblue]____________________________________________________
[size=75]“It is possible to fly without motors, but not without knowledge and skill.” ~ Wilbur Wright[/size]

good idea…