【Toefl writing】What are some practical ways that we can preserve natural resources?

Environmental perseverance is a very important issue contemporarily because of overload population and limited resources, so how to preserve natural resources, such as water, wood well is a goal that we have to achieve. I will explain how to preserve water and wood resources practically and what thinking we should pass to the next generation to preserve resources diligently in the following passages.
Concerning to preserve water well, we can save water by having good habits. For example, using less water on washing dishes, reusing the water that we showering to put into flowers and bushes.
About protecting forests, people should plant a tree at the same time cutting a tree, because trees affect eco-system a lot. If there are not enough trees, it may results mudslide, this not only takes a lot of woods away, also takes abundant of lives away. Therefore, we should put our effort to keep the forests in the same or even more amounts in the future.
In the end, the practical ways of preserving natural resources are to pass thinking of environmental perseverance to the next generation. For instance, we should tell our children, there is only one earth, we should have empathy for it. We need to know if we waste of water and over cut trees, nature would be hurt, and have a bad reaction to human beings, such as draught or mudslide.
To sum up, having a good habit on using water, keeping trees in the same or more amounts and passing an environmental perseverance idea to all are the practical way to save the natural resources.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi Kate, I thought you addresssed the prompt well. You have some good ideas here. Your organization was a bit odd though, because you have

1. how to save water 2. how to save trees 3. ~how to save teach the next generation
    See, it just is not that parallel. I could figure out your meaning in almost all of your sentences, but there are a lot of weird word choices and sentence structures that make much of your essay sound very unnatural. Here are some other suggestions:
2 Likes